Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP

I can not get beyond screen for password as it is not accepting it. I am locked out. How can I get in to reset password

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Paroje

Power-on password or Windows login password???

REO

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Paroje

Power-on password or Windows login password???

REO

HP Recommended
Power on password
HP Recommended
Turn on password
HP Recommended

@Paroje

When asked for the password, just hit enter 3 times.

Post any code you receive.

REO

HP Recommended

I’m having this same problem too and after pressing enter 3 times it just asks for the password 

HP Recommended

Power on password

HP Recommended

FOLKS -- please STOP hijacking old threads to ask for passwords and other codes -- as we do not provide that service, anymore.

Sorry, we are no longer able to provide any assistance with password issues. The Community Policies changed this March such that we are now PROHIBITED from assisting customers with Admin or BIOS (i.e., Power On) password issues.

For assistance NOW, you have to contact your regional HP Customer Support location directly as they will confirm ownership of the PC before providing any assistance -- something we are not able to do from here.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.