Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 17" laptop

I rebooted the computer to factory state, and when the big updates begin, they get all they way to 99% complete, and then I get a prompt:  COULDN'T COMPLETE UPDATES-UNDOING UPDATES.  And then a few days later the process repeats itself.  Help!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
Hi Lilly,

Which is your model? Full model name?

Which operating system is currently installed?

Which updates you're concerned about?

If it is Windows Updates, install it in batch of 5.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

I don't know my model # or operating system, unless windows 8 is an operating system.  The computer is about 3 years old, bought it at Costco.  I don't know if it's the windows updates or Microsoft updates, but they come on in big batches, first batch was 238 downloads, that one went through.  A few days later it went into update mode again, this time with 128 downloads.  It finished the downloads, restarted, and then got to 99% complete on the update restart, and then the prompt:  WE COULD NOT COMPLETE THE UPLOADS, WE ARE UNDOING THE UPLOADS.  Can it be fixed? 

HP Recommended

Sorry, I meant UPDATES.  The prompt says, WE COULD NOT COMPLETE THE UPDATES, WE ARE UNDOING THE UPDATES.

HP Recommended

Okay, I think I have the info you wanted.  HP Pavillion 17 Notebook PC////// Product #G6R35US#ABA///////Serial #[Personal Information Removed]    HOPE THIS HELPS YOU!

HP Recommended

Windows 8.1  64-bit

HP Recommended
Hi,

Do a hard reset: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01684768

Then tap away F2 key as you power on laptop.

Do extensive hard drive and memory tests from BIOS.

Let it finish.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

I did the hard restart, and it seemed to work for most updates, however, one is still refusing to complete itself, and it showed me an ERROR CODE: 800F0922   What do I do now?

HP Recommended

Results of extensive tests please?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.