Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilion e9227c-b desktop running Windows 7 with both wired / wireless connection to my router.  2 days ago, it suddently failed to connect to the internet.  On Google Chrome, the error message popped up on the browser said: "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN."  All other devices connecting to the same router (both wired or wireless) are still working fine. 

How do I fix this DNS issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Colin-Wong,

Thank you for the information. If you are experiencing this issue when you are trying to install the Cisco software to connect to the VPN server, I suggest that you contact your company's IT for help with this. There will be restrictions with the VPN connection and it could be something as simple as the web page that you are trying to connect on or even your web page settings, your firewalls etc. Your company IT department should be able to direct you on how to get it installed and connected.

I hope this information helps, please let me know how it goes.

Thank you and good luck!

I worked on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi Colin-Wong, and welcome to the HP Forums!  Smiley Happy

I understand that you have started getting an : "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" error. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Here is a document for Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7) with steps for troubleshooting your network and internet.

I am also including this video for How to fix "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN".

Thank you and have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Advance23,

Thanks for the information shared.  In face, I have already restored my Windows to a previous state in order to get my internet connection back before I get your response.

After some investigation, I have now identified that the issue occurs once I install Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (a software that I need in order to access to work).  Ths same error comes back as soon as this VPN is installed.

It would be very much appreciated if you could help me get this resolved.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi Colin-Wong,

Thank you for the information. If you are experiencing this issue when you are trying to install the Cisco software to connect to the VPN server, I suggest that you contact your company's IT for help with this. There will be restrictions with the VPN connection and it could be something as simple as the web page that you are trying to connect on or even your web page settings, your firewalls etc. Your company IT department should be able to direct you on how to get it installed and connected.

Thank you and good luck!

HP Recommended

The youtube video above looks Confusing but look here 2 Methods that shows you how to Fix the error in your Browser.

You need to do some tweaks, Flush DNS etc. Steps are explained in below url

URL: http://www.fixerrs.com/2015/01/Dns-Probe-Finished-NxDomain.html

Edit: Looks like the problem is solved but anyways my comment may help so i am keeping it here.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Some days ago i faced this error. you can clear your cache and change Lan settings and get rid of this error.

#customize and Control

#Settings

#Show Advanced settings

#Privacy section

#Clear browsing data.

This error occurs for many reason thats why you check all the solution of this  'DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN' error from here.

HP Recommended

Here I fix This webpage is not available – DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error on Google Chrome. So follow steps to solve this error.

How To Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in Chrome

HP Recommended

see this article for help: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. It has provided 7 methods to solve the issue. Hopefully one will work for you.

Thanks

Raj

HP Recommended

Well i faced this problem a lot and then i found solution for this DNS error here -

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN 

HP Recommended

There are simple steps that can lead to solving these problems.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.