Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The DTS Audio Control Panel will not let me consistently use headphones. When I plug them in, there is no audio until I open the ACP, go to the Advanced tab, and Enable and then Disable the "Enable Multi-Playback Streaming" option. If I pause audio playback for more than a few minutes, I have to repeat this process. Sometimes this process won't work at all and I can't use headphones until I restart the computer. I don't care about software EQs and enhancements. I would love to not have to use this program at all and just use the built-in Windows audio controls, but I can't find any instructions about how to remove or disable this app. This is extremely frustrating as I'm using this computer for school, and when I pause lecture videos to write something down, my headphones will stop working until I go back into the ACP or restart the computer.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Go to task manager, start, disable the Audio Realtek entry.

Restart the computer.

It should work.

HP Recommended

Hi there, here are the steps to permanatley delete the DTS HD Audio Manager from any Windows PC!

Go to "Task Manager" (Ctrl + Alt + Del), next click "More Details", 

step 1.PNG

Then click "Startup" then look for "Realtek HD Audio Manager"

step 2.PNG

Right click, then select "Disable" 

step 3.jpg

Next, right click again and select "Open File Location" and delete the file to permanatley get rid of the software. I hope this helps!

step 4.jpg

HP Recommended

In task manager goto status disable the Rel-tk

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.