Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP -n083ea
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

Hello,

I have sent my laptop off for repair through my insurance company due to a cracked screen.

It has come back and is stuck cycling 'Diagnosing your PC and Preparing Automatic Repair'.

I am really not tech-savvy and would really apprciate some help please.

I have tried turning it on with and without the battery, with and without the charger. It hasn't made a difference.

I don't have another PC or laptop bar this work notebook. I really don't know what do.

Please help!

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hello @Rob9090,

Its seems like either the Operating system has failed to load or the Hard Drive.

To isolate, Please run the Hard Drive test and post back the results.

This document will help you : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.

Should I run a quick test or an extensive test?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @Rob9090,

Please run both the tests and post back the results !!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

HP LAPTOP.jpgI've just run the extended diagnostic test and now I have this screen. What should I do now?

HP Recommended

Hello @Rob9090,

Thank your for your reply !!,

Iam sorry , Iam unable to see any information on the PIC, Its too small.

Can you please tell me, What exactly doest it say. Does it show any Failure ID.

Did the test pass or fail.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hello GBL84,

It is saying that all tests are passed.

At the bottom, it says 'System Extensive Test : Passed'

I've tried restoring the laptop but it doesn't have a back-up? Not that I can see as it keeps saying it cannot be found.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @Rob9090,

This confirms that the Hard Drive is fine and the windows operating system has failed.

Now to reinstall the operating system, You may try F11 Recovery options, If F11 doesnt work then you will have to use the recovery discs to reinstall. 

If you dont have recovery discs, then you will have to buy one from HP. It would cost you 12 to 14 $ approx.

See this document : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00006110

Please reply to this post with complete Model and Product Number of your Notebook

Click the below link for a guide on locating this information:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

GBL84. Thank your help and advice.

It was orginally installed with Windows 8. Will I have to reinstall the same, or is it possible to install windows 10 at this point do you know?

The Model is the HP Pavillion 15-n083ea

Serial - 5CD3397C56

Product - F1X39EA#ABU

Thanks again

HP Recommended

Hello @Rob9090.

You will have to install  WIN 8 first and then upgrade to WIN 10.

Here is the link for you to order Recovery media for your PC.

https://support.hp.com/ie-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-n000-notebook-pc-series/5401225/mode...

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.