Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am trying to get the pictures off my LG phone to my HP computer. I plug in the USB cable and tried to open the phone on contol panel.  When I select import  pictures it says no pictures or videos were found on the device.

I also tried to open the photo app on the computer and nothing happens.  When I tried to download a new app it says it already exists on the computer.  

Hope you have an idea for how I can retreive my pictures off my phone.

Thanks Patty13

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Instead of clicking on "Import photos and videos" try clicking on "Transfer other files" so that you can explore the various folders and files on your phone through your PC.

You should find your photos here:

"LG" > phone > DCIM                for pictures taken with your phone

"LG" > phone > pictures          for pictures from 3rd party apps

"LG" > card > DCIM > camera        for pictures transfered to SD card

Anyway you can find all files on your phone and even search for *.jpg  in the windows search bar to see if there are other pictures.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

@Patty13

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

In my experience, the default mounting of Android phones with recent OS versions is as a Media Device -- and that severerly restricts what you can do with it.

This is the same with my Samsung phone.

So, when I connect it to my PC, a screen opens on the phone, and down near the bottom there is an option to mount it for transferring files.  I choose that option.

Shortly thereafter, two filesystems open on my desktop -- one for the phone, a second for the SD card in the phone.

After that, I can drag and drop files and folders between the PC and the phone.

You should see if you get a similar screen on your phone.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.