Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 11 Notebook 11-r0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My HP Stream 11 Notebook 11-r050sa Will not get past recover mode!

I tried to do a system reset using the option through F11 but this only rendered my system useless. Now when I turn this on, it reboots constantly. I can enter the F11 recovery mode but the only option I can use, as the reset option does not work is to boot using a usb boot disk.

I did not create one of these and wanted to download one from an online image? I got this computer for Christmas as I start uni in September, hardly used it and now this has happened.

Please help as I need this for my studies which start in 4 weeks.

Many thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

You can perform a fresh installation of Windows 10 booting from a USB created here.

HP Recommended

Awesome, do you know if this will work with any laptop?

only asking as the guy in Currys where I got it said that if I do it myself it won't install the drivers for the track pad etc. Or was he trying to rip me off? He wanted to charge me £60 for the honour, even though it is in warranty still.

HP Recommended

Yes, some of the drivers will need to be reinstalled from the hp.com site after a fresh install, there are more instructions here.

HP Recommended

ianodonoghue

Understand that link allows you to create RETAIL Win10 installation  media, and your Stream came with an HP OEM version preinstalled.

So, there's a very good possibility that your PC will then NOT activate the Win10 version you install.  This was true with older versions of Windows; don't know if it's still true with Win10.

Ordinarily, I would recommend using HP Recovery Media to restore your PC to its original condition. That would erase the entire drive, format the drive, and install the OS, the drivers, and the HP utilities.

Unfortunately, there is no HP Recovery Media linked to the HP Product Page for your PC.

You can try using this link to see if you can order an HP Recovery USB: HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive | HP® Customer Support

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

My Stream 11 was upgraded from Windows 8.1 with Bing using the Windows 10 Media Creation image without a problem.  I can also do a fresh install of Windows 10 now and have it activate without a problem. 

Maybe someone who purchased a Stream laptop with Windows 10 already installed can confirm whether the Windows 10 Media Creation image will activate for a fresh install.

HP Recommended
Yeah, this all great! What I really need is a download that is made for a HP Stream 11 notebook so all the settings are there.

I know you can make them from window s but mine won't get that far now and I didn't make one. Silly I know
HP Recommended

What I mean is a boot disc usb created for or on a HP Stream 11 so the settings are there.

thanks for all help everyone 

HP Recommended

"

What I mean is a boot disc usb created for or on a HP Stream 11 so the settings are there.

thanks for all help everyone "

Is this possible does anyone know? 

HP Recommended

You would need to order the HP recovery media from the link above.  This is not available for download anywhere that I know of.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.