Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8440p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I purchased a Elitebook 8440p without a internal webcam.  I purchased a internal webcam and installed it without complications, until I tried to install the drivers and software from hp support. I get a message that reads (setup has determined that your configuration does not support any of the included products. There is no mention of a webcam or image device in the bios or device manager for me to turn on or enable. Perhaps I need to reinstall the O.S. I would think not?  Am I out of luck?

I have found the M.P.N. IT IS :PK40000AI00

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello dbarselow

Welcome and Thank You for posting your query on HP Support Forum.

As I understand from your concern you needed assistance with a Internal Webcam that you have purchased. Is that a HP Internal Webcam? and would you mind sharing some details about the Webcam (Like the Model No. and how its connected)

Thank You
Abhinab_Assists

HP Recommended

The model number of the webcam is:PK40000AI00

connected via the display it is a internal webcam I am certified comptia A+ Tech. and feel that I did a correct install without problems. And while I have your attention I bought this as a HP certified refurbished hp item isn't there some sort of warranty that comes along with it? The M.P.N. is: PK40000AI00 it is connected via the P.C.B board in the display bezel.

Thank you,

Dbarselow

HP Recommended

Hello Dbarselow,

Could you even confirm if you tried the below mentioned drivers  - 

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=4095874&swItemId=ob_115287_1&swEnvOid=405...

Additionally if the Hardware is detected then it should show up under "Unknown Devices" or "Imaging Devices" in Device Manager. DId you just purchase the Webcam assemly or the entire Bezel with Webcam?

I am unsure about the Warranty as It might have one from the reseller or the Parts team.

Thank You
Abhinab_Assists

HP Recommended

Just the webcam and cable I believe it was a pulled item. Like in my original post it is not seen by the O.S. in device manager or in the bios. I updated to the latest bios just today and it still does not show in the bios as a device to turn on.

Thank You,

dbarselow

P.S. Here is some more information:

05/20/2015 16:49:37.545  HPQRun Starts, Command Line:"C:\SwSetup\SP60799\hpqRun.exe"
05/20/2015 16:49:37.561  Found USB_ID section in INI file
05/20/2015 16:49:37.561  Failed to find key ID:  error code = 1011
05/20/2015 16:49:37.561  HPQRun Ends, Return Code: 1011

HP Recommended

Could you help us with the device ID and the Vendor ID.

You will find this in the device manager, Details Tab

HP Recommended

That suggests that the hardware is not detecting the Webcam at all.  Are you sure that it is seated firmly on the bezel?

Normally the Webcam is unavailable as a separate part, rather it would go with the entire Display Assembly or with the replacement Bezel. So, I am unsure if there is requisite hardware present on this Bezel to detect the Webcam. 

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Thank You
Abhinab_Assists

HP Recommended

Thank You ! for your help it helped me to understand the problem and issue better than before. If I could only get it to except a driver I might have a chance in installing the software and having a webcam that works.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.