Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Product Name: HP 8470P
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All

I upgraded my laptop, HP 8470P,  puting a new ssd , making a clean install  and everything is fine EXCEPT : When I first power the laptop I get the message : Boot device not found  -  Hard Disk - (3F0) and it sticks .

(My Harkdisk is SSD Toshiba TR150 (256G)

If I press any key I get a message to check my hard disk , I go on and I get a message that the wear of the disk is 156% !!!.  Then I choose exit and the boot is normal and fast , and all are OK . I check the disk in win 10 evinroment and I get health 100% - Using Toshiba Check disk , Windows Check disk , HD sentinel , ...

While in operation, there is no error at all, and as many times  i restart the laptop, it can boot normaly, But If I shut down and restart after few days ( or the same time if I remove the battery ) I get the same message ,  

I have the  newest  bios version

Thanks to all 

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Is your EliteBook 8470p notebook still in warranty?

Check your warranty status Here.

It is indeed unusual for  an SSD to fail so quickly.

Did you happen to have a habit of defragging your disk? That would cause a failure of the SSD.

The SSD can be replaced without any cost if the warranty coverage is still in effect.

Otherwise, it is time to purchase a SATA 2.5" format SSD, perthaps a Samsung 840 or 850EVO. and replace the failed SSSD with it.

Once you have replaced the disk iit is time to use your recovery media to reinstall the operating system

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer.

The ssd is in 100% health . 

It's new , in waranty and full of health ( everything runs fine after login to win 10 )

HP Recommended

@lazkal wrote:

Thank you for your answer.

The ssd is in 100% health . 

It's new , in waranty and full of health ( everything runs fine after login to win 10 )

As I recall, that was not what you said in your initial post.

Does a check of the disk with the use of the manufacturer's utility test return a good health verdict?

The following URL is a download of the Toshiba SSD utility. Toshiba SSD products are OCZ SSDs.

https://ocz.com/us/download/ssd-utility

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Yes , I've tried the Toshiba tool and the ssd is ok (100% health) . And what is the meaning of 156% wear !!!

HP Recommended

What kind of applications are you using?

Is your notebook always on?

HP Recommended

SSD Utility  by toshiba ,

no not always on . 

Read my first message

HP Recommended

Can youn run the Toshiba utility  SSD test again and post a screenshot of what you see when it finishes?

HP Recommended

Χωρίς τίτλο.png

HP Recommended

OK. Thanks.

Can you cllick on the SMART tab on the left and post an image of what you see?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.