Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 850 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I've got an Elitebook 850 G2 connected to the 2013 UltraSlim Dock and I want to drive 3 External monitors (not counting the built in laptop display).  The specs for this laptop says it will drive 3 external monitors using this dock, but I can't make it work.  I've tried every configuration and it seems that the 2 built in displayports on the dock will not operate at the same time.  I can run 1 external monitor conencted to the VGA and 1 to one of the displayport connections, but I get nothing connecting to the other displayport connection.  I'm using identical HP business monitors that have displayport and vga connections.  Anyone have this working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

yes, you should be able to see u[p to 3 independent displays with the EliteBook 850 G2. If your laptop LCD is on, that counts as one. make sure the LCD panel is closed when you dock and turn on the laptop

If your laptop as Intel only or discrete graphics, make sure BOTH graphics drivers are updated. Also, make sure the BIOS is up to date

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

yes, you should be able to see u[p to 3 independent displays with the EliteBook 850 G2. If your laptop LCD is on, that counts as one. make sure the LCD panel is closed when you dock and turn on the laptop

If your laptop as Intel only or discrete graphics, make sure BOTH graphics drivers are updated. Also, make sure the BIOS is up to date

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  I called into support and discovered this was a bad DisplayPort cable.  I was able to conenct 2 HP monitors to the DisplayPort connections on the SlimDock and 1 HP montior to the VGA connection on the SlimDock.  Once I closed the lid of the laptop, all 3 started working.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have Elitebook 840 G2 + Slim  Dockingstation 

Is there a chance to get ALL 4 Monitorings running at same time?  3xExtern (2xdport+1xVga) + Laptop-Display

Maybe with a external adapter?

Thanks,

Jochen

HP Recommended

Qucik answer: The Broadwell Intel chipset on the Elitebook G2 generation support 3 video streams. Therefore, only 3 independent monitors can be supported without additional accessories. One option is to add a USB-Graphcis adapter. HP has those available in single and dual-display outputs

HP Recommended

Same question about using 3 external monitors (2 DP and 1 VGA on ultraslim dock) PLUS the laptop screen at the same time, but on an 840 G4 Touchscreen model with Win 10 .  Possible?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.