Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I just reinstalled my HP Elitebook 8560p with the recovery cd but the webcam isn't working properly.

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64bit) installs the webcam as "SPCA2080 PC Camera" but if I uninstal it and try to instal the firmware from HP website nothing happends and on reboot its still "SPCA2080 PC Camera" in device manager.

Anyone know how this is possible ?

Greets,

L3Nurd

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

nobody? hmm

HP Recommended

i have the same problem with HP ProBook 4530s unfortunately i haven't found any solution to solve this problem. 

HP Recommended

Still no solution found.
I contacted HP Support chat. They've let me reinstall my driver firmware for the webcam and it still doesn't work.
Anyone else knows a fix?

HP Recommended

Still no reply.

I'll describe a bit more:

Webcam after installing Windows 7 Professional 64bit
SPCA2080

When testing it in Skype: I get black screen and it keeps loading the webcam. Screen stays black.

Reinstalled drivers: Windows installs it as unknown device
Testing in YouCam: No Webcam has been found

Reinstalled drivers again: USB Video Device
Testing Youcam: keeps loading again with black screen

Hope Someone knows what to do

HP Recommended

Installed windows vista 64bit

Vista doesn't detect the webcam in device manager now -__-

All internal connections look fine tho I don't think the problem is in there..

EDIT: Disabled and enabled webcam in BIOS.
Vista installs it first as SPCA2080
Uninstalled that
Then Vista installed it as USB Composite device
Uninstalled that also
Gets installed as unknown device
HP Drivers aren't working in install

HP Recommended

I have the same problem in the ProBook 4530s. After the camera has a firmware update known SPCA2080. VID_04FC&PID_2080 (Win7 64-bit). The driver with the HP site is not suitable. Support. help me

HP Recommended

Same problem here: ProBook 4730s

HP Recommended

glad I'm not the only one.
Well not glad to be honest 😛

didn't found any solution until now

HP Recommended

hi everyone i had the same problem with my ProBook 4530s and the solution was simple , i brought my notebook in a hp  customer service where they opend it and replluged the conection cable betwen the camera and the notebook. after that the camera started to work. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.