Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I think will be better to see what module istalled in your laptop to be 100% sure

in my 4730 was installed camera module with part number 6047B0021601, but as per documentation it should be another part number (6047B0021801)

HP Recommended

Here is what worked for me. I uninstalled every software related to the webcam except the driiver, i,e leave just one occurence of the webcam nothing else. Then go to Uninstall programs and get rid of  ALL software related to the webcam. Skype should now be the only software accessing the  webcam driver.

Hope this will help.

HP Recommended

I have probook 4530s, I have installed windows 8, since then whenever I open Camera it shows black screen, even I have reistalled camera cable few days back. .

Secondly Fingure Print Scanner stopped working. 

HP Recommended

Hi Omarbaig,

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial product. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have a hp 4530s. Win 64 installed, installed the update sp55471.exe. This package is updated FW camera. Now I have a camera in OS SPCA in 2080 and it does not work. Question, how do I update the FW camera back.

HP Recommended

Hi

Here is a solution!

I have a EliteBook 8560P, and the camera didn't work.

I upgraded the drivers for the webcam. Then it worked in HP's own webcam software but not in other.

Then I downloaded the ArcSoft WebCam Sharing Manager from HP's site for drivers and dowloads for this model.

And that came up as a camera but it use the built in camera. And now it works!!!

I've also seen this program installed on other Elitebook models and it worked there as well.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Hi, I have a an HP Elitebook and wanted to know how to get the camera to work?  When I click on the camera i con i get an error message. 

HP Recommended
The HP 8560p, as well as similar models, has the webcam stop working because Windows wants to replace the proper driver with a different driver when Windows applies updates.  The driver that Windows replaces the HP driver with doesn't work.  There are two ways to get around the problem, but neither are ideal.

1.  Revert to the proper driver in the Device Manager.   Right-click on the This-PC icon on the desktop and select properties.  In the upper-left, click Device Manager.  Under "Imaging devices" double click on HP HD Webcam.  Click the Driver tab.  Click the "Update Driver" button.  Click "Browse my computer for driver software."  Click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer."  Click "USB Video Device' and click Next.  That should have restored the correct driver.  Reboot.

2.  Since the above procedure is a bit complicated, you might place a shortcut to the HP driver install program on your desktop, then when you notice the webcam not working you can reinstall the driver easily.

Now that we understand what's going wrong, perhaps someone will come up with a better fix.

@BADSBB
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.