Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 8560p - LG736EA#ABB
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

EliteBook 8560p, Product number: LG736EA#ABB, out of warranty.

I had 2-3 times in the past year when the behaviour was the same but it dissapeard after couple of minutes/hours.

In this morning again:

- when booting everything works well (i can hear Windows starting sound) but no image is displayed on laptop display or even on HDMI TV ('No signal' is displayed on TV, it worked well previously).

I tried some suggestions like taking out the battery + pressing power button for 30 seconds for hard reset => no luck.

I can wait to see if it will work in the evening, but until then I need some advices:

- could it be from a failed inverter?

- other possibilities besides inverter?

- what's the part number for the display inverter ? link? I cannot find it on http://partsurfer.hp.com....LG736EA but maybe my eyes were foggy 🙂

- I have some assambling/desassambling experience, I assume I can DIY the inverter replacement, right? 🙂

Any ideas are welcomed 🙂

Thanks in regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

computing is not a exact science 🙂

You have experience of course! But it's suppose that Service Center have more resources (parts to crosscheck).

The best solution in my opinion is the best solution.

Of course will be better ask for a quote.

Regards   

Frija

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello D.

- No video in Internal and external display

- Unit boot

It Doesn't look to be an issue with the display

It Doesn't look to be an issue with the RAM failure

It Doesn't look to be an issue with the inverter

- UMA Video card?

Possible CPU (with GPU) or system board failure

- Video card Discrete?

- Possible Video card or system board failure

Regards

Frija

HP Recommended

Hello and thanks for your reply.

I'm on a Ati Radeon 6470M, can I investigate myself and find that video card or system board is broken or should I get my laptop to a service center?

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hello

computing is not a exact science 🙂

You have experience of course! But it's suppose that Service Center have more resources (parts to crosscheck).

The best solution in my opinion is the best solution.

Of course will be better ask for a quote.

Regards   

Frija

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.