cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DonQuijote
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 1 of 18
Flag Post

Solved!

Elitebook Hot Keys after Windows 10 Upgrade not working

HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Board,

I got a brand-new Elitebook 840 last week with Win7 and straight upgraded to Win10 64-bit yesterday. It is running fine so far unless there is one big thing, certain hot keys (FN + F9 for example) are not running. You know, these little keys most of us use a lot to adjust the brightness or the volume.

In my case, there is the problem with FN + F8, F9 and F10 (mic off, screen brightness down and screen brightness up). Other keys are working fine (e.g. volume).

Does anyone have a specific link for a Win10 driver for that problem. I was looking for about a half an hour but did not find anything (especially not the solution for Win8 proposed with the Hot Key Driver). It might be my problem due to the fact that I am not used to the new HP page.

Any help is appreciated a lot,

Greets from Switzerland

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
DonQuijote
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 2 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does no one have any suggestion? 😞

0 Kudos
fasst
Level 3
37 29 3 7
Message 3 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DonQuijote wrote:

Does no one have any suggestion? 😞

I have an Elitebook 840 G1 and use HP Hotkey 5.0.28.1 version of it. Everything worked fine, except the Mute Mic witch is on fn-F8 on my model. I donwloaded the Audio driver, IDT, for Win8.1 and now everything  Hotkey is working.

0 Kudos
DonQuijote
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 4 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi fasst,

Thanks for your answer. Sadly, this driver only supports the Elitebook 840 G1 but not the G2. And I didn't find another driver that would help me.... I am so surprised that I am the only one with this problem out there...

Anyone else?

0 Kudos
sub4
4 4 0 0
Message 5 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same Problem here on an Elitebook 840 G2. Hotkeys not working. Tried different HP Hotky Monitors, but no success.

Any suggestions would be fine.

Regards

Tom

0 Kudos
Oilhead
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 6 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same here - Fn+f9/f10  brightness and Fn+f4 display toggle doesnt work - got badly caught out in a business presentation last week as I couldnt toggle to the projector on VGA.

There is nothing you cant do the long way round but fiddling around in a board meeting just isnt funny.   I was desperately embarrassed.

0 Kudos
CharlotteR1
Level 4
Level 4
50 48 9 13
Message 7 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello here is the driver for the Hotkey support you can try on Elitebook 840 G2:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7343205&swItemId=ob_142323_1&swEnvOid=413...

I am an HP employee.
Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

Oilhead
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 8 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

doesnt work

@CharlotteR1 wrote:

Hello here is the driver for the Hotkey support you can try on Elitebook 840 G2:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7343205&swItemId=ob_142323_1&swEnvOid=413...

Thanks Charlotte but the link

doesnt seem to work... have tried several ways...

DonQuijote
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 9 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Works perfect. Should be announced as solution for Windows 10 as well (as it now only says for Win8). Thank you a lot!

Oilhead
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 10 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DonQuijote wrote:

Works perfect. Should be announced as solution for Windows 10 as well (as it now only says for Win8). Thank you a lot!

Just tried it again after seeing Don Quijote's note and it works!!!   Not sure what was wrong the first time but who cares.

Happy bunny.

Thanks Charlotte, y gracias Don Quijote

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation