Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am having a problem with using the builtin microsd slot on the HP ElitePad 900.

The Microsd card works on my laptop and works on the ElitePad when using the expansion jacket.

When I insert the microsd card into the microsd slot on the rear on the Elitepad next to the 3G sim card, Windows 8 does not detect the card.

I am using a Kingston 32Gb SDHC card.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have resolved this problem by buying a Kingston 64Gb SDXC card. This card works perfectly.

I dont know what the difference is between a SDHC card and a SDXC card, besides speed? The ElitePad appears to only be able to read a large sized card if it is SDXC.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

i have same problem, the sd card , pny 32 Gb class 10, detected by system and apparently work,fine,  but after 5 minuts they disappair from resource.

the controller report error 43 and power failure

HP Recommended
My card is a 32Gb class 4.
In Device Manager I have an error under SD Storage Class Controller - Error 10 - Device unable to start.
I have tried to uninstall the device, then reboot, but I get the same error.
I have tried to update the driver, but Windows says I have the latest driver.
HP Recommended

I can confirm the same problem with an elitepad 900, recently purchased. @hp: please fix that ASAP!

HP Recommended

Hello,

Your ElitePad 900 is a Business model.  Your issue would be best answered on the HP Enterprise Business Community Forum

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

ok posted in....

i hope is not just a matter of luck ...

HP Recommended

Excellent!  More people are over there with your notebook, than here. 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

I have resolved this problem by buying a Kingston 64Gb SDXC card. This card works perfectly.

I dont know what the difference is between a SDHC card and a SDXC card, besides speed? The ElitePad appears to only be able to read a large sized card if it is SDXC.

HP Recommended

This is not a solution is an other option.

HP Recommended

I uninstalled KB2795944 and it resolved the problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.