Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion DV6-3299en
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hallo, i upgraded recently my laptops CPU, from Intel I3 380m to Intel I5 560m. The new CPU (Intel I5 560m) always stay at 2.67 Ghz, but it should go higher when stressed. I tried to enable Turbo Boost from within the Bios, but it is locked. The Bios is an InsydeH20 F.29. Is there a way to turn it on?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @KARAKITSIOS,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I read your post about the Turbo Boost issue, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that you are trying to enable the Turbo Boost technology.

Try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:

HP Notebook PCs - Understanding Turbo Boost Technology

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for the reply. I already was in the link you posted and followed all steps. This is what the Turbo Boost Monitor is showing Untitled.png

HP Recommended

Hello @KARAKITSIOS,

Thank you for the quick reply!

So it seems like Turbo Boost is supported for your product.  Do you have the notebook connected through the AC Adapter?  Have you check your Power Management Options, to see if the system is set to High Performance?  If you are still having trouble, then you can try restoring the BIOS, using the following document: HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

I tried the steps you mentioned. Power options are set to High Performance, i also did the steps for the Bios restore. It seems it has to be activated through the Bios but it is locked. That means i have no way to choose "Enable Turbo Boost Mode" in the Bios settings.

HP Recommended

Hello @KARAKITSIOS,

Thank you for the information!

I have seen information on the Intel site, that seems to suggest, that you should not be able to use the Turbo Boost Monitor program, if Turbo Boost is not activated.  Are you sure that in the BIOS, the settings show that Turbo Boost is disabled?  Also, I noticed that in the picture provided, it seems that you are currently running on Energy Savor Mode.  Have you tried adjusting the settings in your BIOS, to disable any type of power saving ability that may be active?  You can review this document for more information: 

HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - BIOS Setup Utility Information and Menu Options

If that does not work, then you can try going to the HP site, and updating the Graphics and BIOS drivers.  This document can help with the BIOS update: HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS

Based on the information by Intel, you may have to reinstall the Operating System.  I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi again, so i already did a new system installation. In the Bios there is no option for turning "Turbo Boost" on or off.

In the Windows Power settings i have all settings in "High Performance". In Bios i have no options for setting anything about "Power settings".

Also i already updated the graphics and Bios drivers and every other driver there was to update.

HP Recommended

Hello @KARAKITSIOS,

Thank you for the information!

Try downloading this driver first: sp47397.exe

If that does not work, and you have exhausted all the solutions offered, you may consider contacting Intel Support for additional options.

Have a good weekend!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I already installed this. Well i will try to solve this but thanks anyway for the help and the fast replies.

HP Recommended

Hi again. I have a new clue about the problem i mentioned a few months back. Today we had a power grid problem and my laptop switched to battery. As soon as it did, the Intel Turbo Boost Monitor went from energy saving mode  to turbo boost operation and climbed up over 3 Ghz. In a few words it does the opposite from what i want. Turbo boost in battery mode and energy saving when the ac is pluged.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.