Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

For the last day its said i have a Colling Fan error and it isnt working properly, whenever i try to get into my laptop

It says it will shut down in 15 second unless i press the enter Key and that may cause system damage or memory loss aswell as giving me a web adress to go to for further infromation

I pressed enter today so i could look on the web address, I found directions to turn of my computer and switch it back on, and when the error comes up again i should repeatedly press F2 till a type of infromation page comes up.

I turned off my computer and when i turned it back on everything was working fine.. 

I'm very confused and dont want to damage my computer

I signed up to this forum and found a useful answer and reply from 2012:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Error-90B-Cooling-Fan-Problem/m-p/1547311#M73033

I followed HP - Harshit Peers information to put a paper clip in the grille and release compressed air out, he said it was to let loose the dust and if none came out i should contact someone.

Dust came out, which i'm assuming is a good sign?

everything is normal ad i can feel the air coming out from the grille

but i dont want to be damaging the computer without me knowing?

HELP ME PLEASE IM DESPERATE!!!

HP Recommended

Hello c0nfused_123. I understand you are experiencing the "system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating properly" error. This could be a results of faulty hardware, or a recent software implication. I would like you to follow the troubleshooting in this document: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03620929

Although the title of the document is "System Fan (90b) error message on startup", the troubleshooting steps presented are relevant and effective. If these steps do not resolve the issue, I would like you to respond with the following information:

1. Your computer model number. For assistance in locating this information, please reference this website: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

2. Your operating system.For assistance in locating this information, please reference this website: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

3. Have you installed any new hardware on this computer?

4. Have you installed any new software or drivers on this computer?

Please respond as soon as possible so I can assist you. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I have the same problem and would like immediate help, as am pretty pissed off about this and my "warranty" (if you dare call it that) expires soon.

Computer Info below,

HP Pavillion g7

Product Number: C3Q74UA#ABA

Serial Number : {Personal Information Removed}

Windows 8 

I have thought about using compressed air but am not sure how too attempt this. Ive already used a vacumm cleaner too get some dust out but it didn't do much.

1.No i have not added any hardware

2.Yes i had sent it already and they indeed said they "fixed" the problem, well guess what, some month later, its still happening.

3.As you can see am not the only one with this problem, my advice is you discontinue your computers and return the money too every customer you've scammed, just an honest opinion.

Please respond as soon as possible,

HPsucks2013 (That indeed is my username and i dont regret it)

HP Recommended

OK, tried hard reset, tried blowing dust out, tried BIOS update but I'm still getting the same error.  No new hardware/software and the fan does not seem to be moving.  I suspect a new fan is needed but I'm out of warrenty.   Warrenty expired 11-2012 so you can see the laptop is older.  I'm still in school and can't get a new one.

Suggestions?  Since I'm in school I can't be w/o my laptop for very long so sending it to HP is prob a non-starter.  Does HP have certified repair people anywhere?

HP Recommended

i am experiencing the same issue. I have repalaced the fan and still have the issue plus the computer is running very warm. is there a bios update that can fix this

HP Recommended
Dont bother sending it in for repair. I did that last year with my hp pavilion g6 and the same error came up for me. Hp are a useless company if they dont bother to make sure that the the hardware is up to working standard! If I were you I would try and sell it on ebay and buy yourself an acer laptop they are some of the best I have had in the past
HP Recommended
You sir deserve a medal
HP Recommended

my computer has over 6 months reporting this problem of cooling fan now its shutting down when overheating.where can i geta new fan for (Compaq Presario CQ57) in Zimbabwe that is genuine.

HP Recommended

Error 90B - Cooling Fan Problem Please answer me.

HP Recommended

is there an anlternative to a paperclip?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.