Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 Kaby Lake
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The computer was purchased on December 10 2016, and on February 11 2017 I presented the fan system error 90B.
The error appears and disappears, I update the BIOS but it is still happening. The equipment is impeccable, so I discard dirt. Also the fan seems to work, and I have monitored the temperature and it has not changeda, although it has warmed considerably since I bought it. But the error still appears. The equipment has warranty but I buy it in USA and I am from Costa Rica.
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello JasonBarnett

Welcome to Forum !!

Sorry to know .

You might want to take a look at this document:  http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03620929

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I appreciate the information, and read it. The BIOS is upgraded in the latest version. And the pc is as practically new, and do the hardware restart, although as the battery is internal I do not know if it erased all the information. In tests the temperature although it goes up to 99 degrees Celsius a few seconds, the fan starts to operate and lowers the temperature until it is stable at 88 or less in tests of performance with the processor at 95%. Both fans work, but the error continues to appear, sporadically.

HP Recommended

Hi Jason,

Pls let me know if you got your issue resolved. I have the same problem with my brand new unit

HP Recommended

Hi @Prasanga,

Thanks for stopping by the HP forums. A very good day to you. I reviewed the post regarding the fan error message on your notebook. It will be a delight to assist you with this. Smiley Happy

Brilliant description and splendid diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. Smiley Happy You are a valued HP customer and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you run diagnostics to get the Fan 90b error message?
  • Does the computer overheat and shut down?

This is a hardware issue with the computer and as the unit is brand new, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of things for you. Please contact HP phone support to get the computer serviced.

Steps to contact HP phone support:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty.

Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your response.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  Smiley Happy

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David,

I got the laptop repaired which solved the problem but after 3 weeks its giving me the same error again. SO frustrating as this is a brandnew unit which cost me lots.

HP Recommended

Thanks for post @Prasanga,

I understand that you are getting a Fan error 90B after getting the computer serviced, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. However, would like more information to be able to assist you better.

May I know where the computer serviced, was it at an HP Service center or third party?

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant to update BIOS and other drivers. Click here for assistance. 

Once all the drivers are updated, please run the system test again. Click here

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Updating BIOS doensn't solve the problem. 

Yes it was sercviced through HP Australia (I live in Aus) who sent it to Singapore for service. I bought the unit in US in February and have only been able to use it properly for 4-5 weeks. I'm now trying to return it.

So disspointed. This is my first HP laptop (so called premium range), and definetely the last.  I wouldn't recommend this model to anyone SPECTRE X360 13‐AC023DX.

HP Recommended

Greetings @Prasanga

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.