Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14al-107nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've updated my BIOS to F.26 version today, and realized that fan is running louder than it was before the update. I know that going back to the older version is a bit complicated ,and since my notebook is new, I don't want to take risk. So if anyone knows how to deal with the problem, please inform me. Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Greetings @sigmasixleads

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that the fan on your computer is running at a very high speed even after updating the BIOS on your computer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you run HP Support Assistant on your computer?

Any new computer will have a lot of Windows updates to be installed, the process goes on in the background making the computer slow and the fan to run at a high speed. 

Recommend you check if all the Windows updates are installed. 

Run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are installed on your computer. Click here to know more. 

Observe the computer for a week. 

If the issue persists, please try the steps suggested in this HP Article

For any service options, please contact our phone support for assistance. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detects
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I asked for help from hp support and got some advices, but unfortunately none of them worked. They want me to shut down the pc and boot by pressing the power button for 20 seconds while pc is connected to a charger. Tried and failed. They want me to clean the fan inlet, which I rejected as my pc is quiet new and been carried in its bag all the time, it is impossible to get dusty in ten days. Another one was booting pc with windows+B combine to recover BIOS. Tried and failed, nothing changed at all, I still have F.26.  Finally, I decided to reset Windows and after I did so, the result is surprising. The fan's loud noise which was heard right after I press the power button is now gone. The problem left now is that fan seems running randomly, like anytime it wants to run it runs. It is running sometimes for 2 minutes and sometimes for 10 seconds without any reason. I actually shouldn't have upgraded BIOS just because Hp Support Assistant recommended. Now  I have an unstable system and don't know what to do. Thanks for the reply.

HP Recommended

@sigmasixleads,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I see that the issue resolved after windows reset. I also see that the fan does not run continuously.

Let me jump in with a solution for this issue in place of my colleague as he is out of the office today.

The fan will run if you are running a large application like a game etc. Hence, for smaller application the computer does not get heated up hence the fan may not run. Hence, you need not worry.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I'm not running any heavy applications or games. That's the problem. Even though there is no reason to cool cpu, fan is time to time working unnecessarily fast and noisy. I will take my notebook for technical service. Thanks for the reply.

HP Recommended

@sigmasixleads,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists as the fan is still noisy. 

This could be a hardware issue with the unit. Hence, you may need to contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

It's possible that there was a cooling problem with your model and the updated BIOS addressed the issue by running the system fan more frequently and at higher speeds.

HP Recommended
I have not seen any problem mentioned on the internet related with the model I have, but yes it is possible. Pc has given to techinal service. I'll keep posting to inform people who may have the same problem. Thank you.
HP Recommended
I've just received an e-mail from hp support saying that a new fan has been ordered to replace with the current one. I think they found out that the problem I had is due to the fan itself, but it actually occured after I updated BIOS. Thus, I did not think of any problem directly linked to fan. I will see the result in this week, hopefully.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.