Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Stream
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
So I did some quick checks to do a factory set up because it had these weird adds after a system update. Thought it could remove it because it was lagging my computer. But now it goes to load up like it should but it never does. I was confused and figured it was because it was a factory reset therefore took longer. It took three hours when I got it. Nope. It's been going for 6 hours! I have a Extensive System Test going at the moment. What should I do just to get it to work properly?
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @PegaGamer

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

Could you confirm your issue - Windows cannot boot ? Cannot boot after you completed recovery (was it successful or not) ?

Did the extensive tests complete ? What were the results ? Passed or failed ?

Would you post your full HP computer model and product number. Here is how to find them >>  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108  ?

Looking forward to your reply.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
Thank you for responding.

It just won't boot. I can't get to its product number because all it does is start to boot, show the HP logo then do it all over again.

I was able to figure out how to do the system checks so far with the window button and B button to get to where I am at. And the 2F trick as well as the Escape key thing. Other than that won't load.

Everything I had scanned has passed so far.
HP Recommended

OK. Thank you for the updates.

Perform hard restart/forced reset. More info and how to here >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/

Try to load the recovery partition

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button hold down

2. Power the PC back on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately start hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap) even before seeing the HP logo.

This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one

3. In this Windows, do you see F11 option available ? If you do, please press F11 from the keyboard for System Recovery options.

The computer should boot from it's recovery partition to open you various recovery options. Note, that F11 option will only work if the recovery partition is there (not deleted) and intact. From there, you have prenty of options to choose from. Every HP computer comes with recovery partition present to assist in tough moments.

Please, go to Troubleshoot > Reset this PC

or Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Recovery Managed (HP Recovery).

From there you should be able to start the recovery process *again* and complete the process.

With regards to your full product model and PN

Repeat the process above, but choose F1

and system info will appear. Give me the full model and PN.

Thanks! Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
I did as you said and it said the re-image doesn't exist. Odd..

The product name is HP Stream Laptop 14-as0XD
I don't know which would be the PIN bit product number is: X7s46ua#aba
And the serial is: 5CD6357Nx5
HP Recommended

Thank you for your update. I am sorry for the delay in my response.

Reimage means to apply the same image on the hard disk drive (a.k.a. reinstall Windows and restore to the desired configuration)

In this case you will need to use HP supplied recovery media to restore the PC to factory default condition (Windows+drivers+apps)

Obtain/purchase

1. Visit this web site > http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Stream-14-Notebook-PC-series/12499221/model/13086...

2. Select Microsoft > Windows 10

3. Scroll down to "Order Recovery Media - CD/DVD/USB" and expand it

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to purchase the recovery USB drive from HP

Once you receive the USB drive, you need to plug it in and boot from it to complete the recovery process. Here are detailed instructions >> http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=HPSystemRecovery.net&section=ccweb&SFS=tdoc&language=english...

This should solve your issue. Let me know if this helps, provide feedback and update. Don't hesitate to post again if you face difficulties.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.