Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP actually sent the box for the computer and in the same week I got it back perfectly fixed!   Still minimal memory, but for the kid I gave it to, just fine!  And HP saved their rep with me.  I went out and bought a new tablet.  

HP Recommended

@LeBear wrote:

So I have exactly the same problem.  Mine is still under warranty.  I filled out a support case online, and the response was to use the online forums and they closed the ticket.

It's under warranty and I get no support?  Really??

If still under warranty, you certainly rate support from HP.

I will ask to have your issue escalated.

Please be patient as this is a weekend.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you.

This was disappointing to say the least.  It's one of three that I bought, and I was second guessing my choice.

HP Recommended
I have the same problem but mine won't boot up period. Supports only response is to sell me windows 10 again for $50 . Why would I want to spend a dime. Mine is also under warranty for another month but that doesn't include software​. I'm not happy. Yes it's a cheap laptop but I expect it to last at least a year. I too got the low disk space error but when I would try to trouble shoot the issue with HP assist I never got past the first screen. Windows update kept failing because there wasn't enough space so I try taking it to factory reset using all of the HP instructions and now it won't boot but that's not HP's problem. I won't buy another
HP Recommended

First, breathe.   Second, get in touch with HP and tell them they need to re set yet another of their biggest duds they ever put on the market.  They'll send you a postage paid box and within about 3 days you'll actually have it back and it will be fixed.  I avoided this like you wouldn't believe , thinking it would take too long.  It was actually amazingly fast.  And no charge whatsoever (another thing I doubted). 

Once it was all done - I gave the stupid thing to someone I knew only checked emails and once in a while watched You Tube videos.  No downloading.  No saving documents.  Pretty much no using it like most people would use it. 

I wish there was something we could do ourselves, but believe me - there's not.  All the great suggestions here might work on other systems, but very rarely on this particular laptop.  

HP Recommended

@sadie888 wrote:

First, breathe.   Second, get in touch with HP and tell them they need to re set yet another of their biggest duds they ever put on the market.  They'll send you a postage paid box and within about 3 days you'll actually have it back and it will be fixed.  I avoided this like you wouldn't believe , thinking it would take too long.  It was actually amazingly fast.  And no charge whatsoever (another thing I doubted). 

Once it was all done - I gave the stupid thing to someone I knew only checked emails and once in a while watched You Tube videos.  No downloading.  No saving documents.  Pretty much no using it like most people would use it. 

I wish there was something we could do ourselves, but believe me - there's not.  All the great suggestions here might work on other systems, but very rarely on this particular laptop.  

That was some very sage advice. Thanks for sharing your experience.  I own a Chromebook.  I accept the Chromebook's limitations and they are about the same as those that a Stream "notebook" has.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

HP would not normally cover reinstalling the operating system as a warranty repair on a computer having no apparent hardware defects.  The customer would be expected to restore the operating system from the recovery media. If they did not create the media previously, they would need to purchase the media from HP. 

If Lizt57 does not want to purchase the recovery media, another option would be a fresh installation of Windows 10 using the downloadable install image from Microsoft, instructions are here.

HP Recommended
Thanks so much for your help. I will try this.
HP Recommended

HP seems to have had so many issues with this particular laptop that I didn't even have to produce a receipt or registration. They apparently track sales by serial numbers (?)  It's worth asking them.  I would never have shopped HP or recommended them after this laptop.  Given what they did to make it right though?  They kept a customer and I recommend them without hesitation 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.