Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello. The HP Notebook I'm currently using with Windows 7 Ultimate is the Pavilion dv4-1225ee Entertainment PC (FZ248EA#ABV). It's got a built-in fingerprint reader (Validity Sensor's VFS201), which works only with DigitalPersona.

Now the problem I'm encountering is quite minor: If I go to Biometric Devices in Control Panel, I get the message "Windows did not find any biometric device on this computer. You might need to attach your device or install device drivers", even though the reader is listed under Biometric Devices in Device Manager ;

Message Edited by eMelus on 12-01-2009 01:53 PM
Message Edited by eMelus on 12-01-2009 02:34 PM
24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Please try installing this:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp43501-44000/sp43882.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

I tired installing the 64 bit version of DigitalPersona FingerPrint reader. It installed successfully; however, the fingerprint reader would not enable as part of the installation. So, I went ahead and enabled it in the Device Manager.

After rebooting, the Authentic AES1610 was recognized under Biometric Devices (which is great). BUT when I go to Manage my Finger print data and try to add finger prints I get a strange error "The ordinal 345 could not be located in the dynamic link library COMCTL32.dll". The error pops up several times (4 - 6 times)

I also tried using the DigitalPersona Personal software (FingerPrint enrollment Wizard) and had no luck. Upon selecting a finger to register, I get the error "The finger print reader is not connect. Connect the reader"

Anyone else having these issues? Better yet, anyone found a solution for this issue?

Cheers

HP Recommended

Sorry, Vidaya, but it didn't work for me

HP Recommended

Try this now...

Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp41501-42000/sp41660.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

SecuGen Hamster Plus is the improved version of SecuGen's popular and versatile fingerprint reader product line.High-performance, maintenance-free optical fingerprint sensor

fingerprint scanner,usb fingerprint scanner

HP Recommended

Guys my problem is that i am using a HP dv9601au. my fingerprint reader used to work properly for windows vista. but when i install the same software for windows 7 it detects that there is compatibility issue with the software. My device is being detected in the "Biometric Devices". What should i do so that i can use the fingerprint reader in windows 7

HP Recommended

i can't find built in biometric driver for hp dv6 1370 ev windows 32 bit

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm using HP Pavilion dv6-3133nr Entertainment Notebook. It has a built in fingerprint.  I have a red "X"  mark on the tray icon of the DigitalPersona software, and when I click a finger to enroll and save my fingerprint in the wizard at the software it tells me that "the fingerprint reader is not connected"!!! help me on how to connect the fingerPrint

HP Recommended

Hi Vidya

I tried clicking on the link but it takes me nowhere and browser cant find the location.

Could you please help me out as I am not able to use the finger swipe to login to my HP ELitebook 8440P (Windows 7)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.