Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
DV7 1135 ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi folks.

I recently updated my old DV7 1135 ea to windows 10 but unfortunately the fingerprint reader is not working.

I've tried a lot of drivers and software with no success!

Does anyone manage to solve it?

The hardware's ID: USB\VID_138A&PID_0001&REV_0372

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@litewave

Thanks for replying with the information. I appreciate it.

One of the reasons why the fingerprint reader is not working could be because of the lack of the drivers. This laptop originally came with Win7. I checked and found that there are drivers available for Win7 and Win8. I'm afraid there are no drivers available for Win10.

However, you may try to install the HP SimplePass Identity Protection Software for Windows 10:  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71729.exe

You may also refer to this HP document to fix fingerprint related issues. Though it offers steps for Win8, they should work for Win10 too. 

Hope this helps. Take care! 🙂

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I managed to install the correct driver and the Digital Persona is reading the fingerprint correctly but I cannot use to log in.

It says something like:

"Use your finger to logon

Your fingerprint were not verified.

Click here to register your fingerprint"

I have done the "click here", registered 3 fingers and nothing! Its not working! 

Inside windows and I pass my finger in the reader it opens DigitalPersona as it is recognizing my fingerprint.

2015-07-31 18.11.48.jpg

HP Recommended

Same problem with my HP TouchSmart tm2. Registered fingerprints several times (deleting old registered fingerprints first) but it doesn't work. Using DigitalPersona, which came preinstalled on Win 7 Pro (from which I upgraded to Win10).

HP Recommended

HP Envy DV7 Notebook.

Like others have found problems with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello on Windows 10

From extensive internet searches I understand:

1) Simplepass doesnt work with Windows Hello so disable / remove one or the other.

2) I removed Simplepass and refreshed my Windows Hello login via Pin and fingerprint scans

3) Have rebooted at various stages along the process

4) Still Windows Hellow doesnt recognise fingerprint at login.  Grrr

Any ideas?  A Microsft glich?

HP Recommended

I have the same Issue.  I have a Pavilion dv7 laptop with Windows 10. I too am in search of a solution to the fingerprint login issue which worked fine on windows 7. I have removed simple pass as many have recommended, but this doesn't work either. If anyone finds a solution to this issue, please post here.

HP Recommended

@litewave

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavillion DV7 laptop and the fingerprint sensor does not work in Windows 10. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Meanwhile, you may download and install the HP ProtectTools Security Manager: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63727.exe

If the issue persists then please follow the steps from this from this link. Though the steps in this link are for Windows 8, they would work with Windows 10.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Here is my product number: B4T68UA#ABA, s/n [Personal Information Removed], Model HP Pavilion dv7-7030us Entertainment Notebook PC.  I will try the steps you suggested, and respond back.

HP Recommended

I downloaded the HP ProtectTools Security from the link you gave me, and when I went to install it, I got a message that it is not supported on my system.  So, I'm open to any other suggestions.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@litewave

Thanks for replying with the information. I appreciate it.

One of the reasons why the fingerprint reader is not working could be because of the lack of the drivers. This laptop originally came with Win7. I checked and found that there are drivers available for Win7 and Win8. I'm afraid there are no drivers available for Win10.

However, you may try to install the HP SimplePass Identity Protection Software for Windows 10:  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71729.exe

You may also refer to this HP document to fix fingerprint related issues. Though it offers steps for Win8, they should work for Win10 too. 

Hope this helps. Take care! 🙂

HP Recommended

After much frustration and many attempts to find a soulution that worked with windows 10 for the past year and a half, you have finally led me to the correct driver to make this work.  I have successfully logged in to Windows 10 Hello!  Yea!  Thanks you for your help!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.