Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We have a EVA storage array with HP SAS disks Model number EG0600FBDBU frimware HPD6.

We have been asked to make sure it is later than firmware HPDA.

Which is later HPD6 or HPDA?

We have 75 of these in a SAN so would prefer only to update the firmware if we need to.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Davit2005,

I would suggest posting your question at the HP Commercial Forum as well. The link will take you directly to the forum specific to your HP product.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

Hopefully someone from HP will answer the actual problem not point me elsewhere. I was hoping to get a better more helpfull response than phoning support.

HP Recommended

I understand you want to know which firmware is the newest.

Since the drive is being used in a commercial product, your question would have better exposure in the business forums than in the consumer forums.  Reviewing the previous post, I don't see any indication that they advised to call HP.

I did pull up the HDD on the business support center using the provided model number and selected an OS to view the firmware updates available. 

This was the page returned.  The newest version listed is HPD9 and the previous one listed is HPD7.  Given the naming convention of both listed firmware updates, I would venture that HPDA is an older naming convention and HPD6 is a newer firmware than HPDA.  

I couldn't find anything that answered this specifically and this is just an educated guess, so you might want to try the question in the business forums as there are more users of the product there.

Let me know if this answered your question.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

I did look at the commercial forum but couldn't find anything to indicate where I should post the question!

The critical advisory that has led me to investigate the HDD's we use in our infrastructure indicate that a we have HPD6 firmware on the scope of possible effected disks.

The advisory indicate that firmware older than HDPA is effected and corrected firmware is HPDA or later.

HP Recommended

Even if you can't find the right board, it's more likely to get an answer in a wrong board over there than it is in the consumer forums.

I gave you my educated guess and that's really all I can give as I don't have access to the enterprise side of HP.  The link NPW provided is a direct link to the SAS board for your product.  Even if it's the wrong board, you will be more likely to get an answer in the Enterprise community than the Consumer community.  You can also try this legacy board that I found here.

Signature
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.