Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv7t-7000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all!

I wish to upgrade my HP Pavilion dv7t-7000 notebooks BIOS, in order to solve a certain issue. However, being the paranoid person I am, I notice that the versions on the HP Software and Drivers site, only supports Windows 8 and below. HP Supports page cites that W10 user should use the device manager to update drivers.

Unfortunately, I am fairly certain you cannot upgrade the BIOS with device manager (or im blind) and i'm not too sure if flashing the BIOS will work if its with one for Windows 8.

So, how do I flash the BIOS? Do I just flash the Windows 8 one and pray it works, download one for W10 if it exists and where, etc?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ZA4

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Unfortunately, you are not going to be able to do what you want.  HP makes their BIOs updates OS-version specific, and if you attempt to run a Win8 BIOS update in Win10, you will see that it will error out.

And yes, you can not do BIOS updates using Device Manager.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks WAWood, but I want to ask another question;

Do other products besides mine have W10 BIOS, and if they dont, how do Windows 10 consumers flash their BIOS?

PS:

While writing this post, I got an idea; if I rollback my BIOS version to a older one (dumb idea, I'm aware, but I rather have my fans work and suffer instability problems) would it conflict due to that BIOS being from Windows 7? Then again, this BIOS was also flashed on Windows 7.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.