cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jhinson123
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Forgot password

HP Recommended
C3Q76UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
Rest password but forgot it. It is not giving me my passwird hint. There was no recovery cd made. Is there a way to bypass password or maybe put in last reset password?
1 REPLY 1
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
10,087 8,160 813 3,944
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @jhinson123

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

I think you talk about Windows login account password and not a BIOS password. Correct me if I am wrong.

There are not many things that could be done officially but you can definitely try to use all passwords you remember. If you use Microsoft online account (email) and not a local account, you can also try to enter the PC with previous and current passwords you remember,  PC online and offline (connected/disconnected from the Internet).

You can also read this HP thread for further steps >> https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-forgot-my-password-can-HP-hel...

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - volunteer since 2013
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation