Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
windows essentiels 2012 donload problem
HP Recommended

Hi

First of all excellent work...i would have never installed vga drivers without your guide

My only issue is tha webcam is not working ( HP pavillion dv9205us running win 7 64bit, level 3)

Displayed as "video usb device" under imaging devices.

Any ideas?

ps. i never got it working on windows xp or in linux ... only remember it was working when i first bought the laptop when it was running vista

ps2.Sound controller is displayed as "High Definition Audio Device". Found a driver that after installaton displayed Conexant audio driver but it was not working so i left the generic one

HP Recommended

For the webcam try>Cyberlink YouCam Software, sp56980

For the Audio, you can try one of your Vista drivers:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/previousVersions?softwareitem=ob-61386-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=20...=

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I got round the error and finished installation but no luck

I just mentioned this error , in the first attempt in case it mattered.
Please note tht i had already tried this exes and selected to replace files upon extracting

Error_HP.png
HP Recommended

After booting up my laptop, i came across the following error: No audio output device. So i  deleted the audio drivers, both of them as seen on the printscreen in my previous post nd scanned for changes in the hardware nd left it up the operating system to decide the best driver.everything is fine now s far as sound is concerned (however quick access button for mute does not turn orange when i mute the pc (button mutes laptop but remins blue).This was working with xp.

>>Maybe chipset drivers not installed correctly and webcam and audio device not functioning with the correct drivers

HP Recommended

Hi, I have a problem. I have hp Pavilion dv6700, model: dv6950er, p/n: FN632EA#ACB. I made a clean windows 7, but I did not install two drivers.

First driver:

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&REV_12
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843
PCI\VEN_1180&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0880
PCI\VEN_1180
PCI\CC_088000
PCI\CC_0880

Second driver:

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&REV_12
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592
PCI\VEN_1180&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1180&CC_0880
PCI\VEN_1180
PCI\CC_088000
PCI\CC_0880

Battery icon does not show correctly.
When powered from a wall outlet, the icon shows that the battery does not have. When the battery icon shows but incorrectly shows the percentage charge, alike when charging the battery in Windows 7. 

HP Recommended

Hello andqi,

I understand that you are missing a couple of drivers, as well the battery percentage is not showing correctly. For the drivers that are missing, I would suggest installing the following drivers for Vista. 'Ricoh 5-1 Card Reader Driver', this driver should work as you did a clean install. If you are unable to install, right click and run as compatibility.

For the battery not showing the correct percentage, I have included the following document 'Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 7)'. Please follow through the steps in order for the best results.

Please let me know if the drivers and calibrating the battery have worked, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.