Note on archived topics.
11-12-2014 01:24 AM
Welcome and Thank You for posting your query on HP Support Forum
It looks like you're looking for a Password here, We will surely assist you with this issue
Please try this Password = 73134207
Steps to be followed:
1. Use the unlock code posted above to enter the BIOS
2. Disable all passwords that are enabled
3. If asked for current password - type the unlock code
4. For new password, just press ENTER key
5. Repeat the same for verify password column.
6. Then leave the BIOS by saving & exit option to save the changes.
Incase if the Password doesn’t work please try a Hard Reset as follows.
1. Shut down the notebook
2. Unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery
3. Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds
4. Plug in the Power/AC Adapter (Leave the battery out for the moment) & Start the Notebook
5. If you now see a password box, Please type the same Password I shared before and press enter
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
K N R K
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
03-25-2015 03:31 AM
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
05-12-2015 06:41 AM - edited 05-12-2015 06:52 AM
Same issue System Disabled status code 55055614 Please help Can't get past Bios Password screen. Tried removing internal button cell battery over night, bios still not reset to default settings still asking for password. this is a hp 15-g070nr notebook.
Disreguard I found you other post and got in.
05-12-2015 07:01 AM
Use that code to go into the BIOS.
Disable all passwords that are enabled.
If asked for the CURRENT password uses that code.
If asked for NEW password just hit enter.
If asked to VERIFY password just hit enter.
Save and exit.
I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.