Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It's been repaired today, so online service questionable but fault resolultion good!

I'm in the UK yeah.

I moaned at their Twitter team a lot via DM - they were very vague and cagegy... like they wouldn't help me as I wasn't local. Local to what? Took ages to ascertain they meant if you're not in the US screw you! I explained their website told me that they should be contacted, but they just kept ignoring that point. Then they were saying it's commercial.. not sure what that means either, not sure why I should care. All petty internal bureaucracy which always drives me mad.

They said they 'escalated' it so maybe that led to a speedy response.

I'd say go make some noise there.

I told them to pull their fingers out of their arses and get the BIOS update taken down - but there's just no sense of urgency. 

Good luck!

HP Recommended
What the hell!

Just had this happen to me, anybody have any solution to this as I doubt HP will be willing to help when it's clearly their fault!
HP Recommended

You'll need to get HP out to replace the system board I'm afriad.

Just a waring about the terrible service from HP - whilst they came out promptly and replaced the board OK the change of hardware then led to Windows 10 no longer being activated, which Microsoft say is a HP problem. HP's solution is to ship out Windows 8.1 on CD, despite the G1 not havign a CD drive, and suggest that I need to buy an external cd drive to use once to reinstall Windows to fix their **bleep** up. Yeah, thanks for that HP!

HP Recommended

Good shout on the hardware change, on the plus side it would be a good opportunity to swap out the 32gb m.2 for something bigger!

HP Recommended

Just an update on mine in case anyone stumbles on to this thread.

HP promptly came and replace the motherboard, I was able to get Microsoft to re-activate my Windows. I used the online chat and a technician remoted my pc and extracted the original key, even saved it for me in case I needed it in future.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.