Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

My HP ENVY x360 just updated MS Windows 10 to the Fall Creators Update (version 1709). Upon boot , Windows reported that it had removed HP 3D driveguard because it is no longer compatible.

I see one or two other threads that mention this and are resolved by downloading very specific versions of the program - but with no other information, such as how to know which download is right or where else it might be available - particularly for differing computers.

My laptop is specifically a  HP ENVY x360 15-aq160sa. Could you tell me what is the appropriate package to install. Where to find it and if possible, how and where to find the packages suitable for other PC's that might also suffer this problem?

Many thanks, T

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the version of HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link - this application is cross platform and would also be suitable for any other HP notebooks of recent years.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82228.exe

When the installation has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

88 REPLIES 88
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the version of HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link - this application is cross platform and would also be suitable for any other HP notebooks of recent years.

When the installation has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Many thanks David, I'll give it a try now!

HP Recommended

You're welcome :generic:

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

HP 3D DriveGuard Software not working after New Creator Update 14/11/2017 Version 6.0.44.1 any help please ???

HP Recommended

HP 3D DriveGuard Software not working after New Creator Update 14 11 2017 Version 6.0.44.1 any help please ???

HP Recommended

This did not work for me..Can't HP address this issue as it has happed in another cumlative update?

HP Recommended

Same issue only started after today's update ??

HP Recommended

If you tried this one it extracted to C:\SwSetup\sp82228:

In Device Manager, expand System devices, right click the HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor and select 'Update Driver Software'.

Next window, select 'Browser my computer for driver software' and then select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

In the next window, click  'Have Disk' button and then browse to the extracted C:\SwSetup\sp82228 folder.
Open the folder InstallFiles, open the folder Win10, click on the file accelerometer to highlight  and click Open.
Then click Next.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

same result "best driver is installed" but no app, no running service, no hidden icon

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.