Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Wow, this thread hasn't been updated since 2010!!

Is there anybody out there? :smileyindifferent:

HP Recommended
Hello LuSiD

What model of HP laptop do you have? I found a quick specs article for the HP 500 Notebook PC, however, none show any model as having the Intel 945 Chip set. Instead it shows the Mobile Intel 910GML and 915GM, which is why I want to verify.
The first article below is to an article that will help you locate the model number. The second is to the Quick Specs page I found on the HP 530 Notebook:
How Do I Locate the Model Number on the Service Tag
HP 500 Notebook PC Quick Specs

Also could you post your processor, package, north bridge using CPUZ/CPUID as indicated by another user? It is a great tool that will report your system specs. See the posts above by Rakhmad and cyberdyne3.
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Take a look at the below pictures.

Taken from CPU-Z report.

Thank you

Capture.PNGCapture2.JPG

HP Recommended

Hello LuSiD

Thanks for the screenshot. I have researched this for you and have a few questions and some suggestions.

What CPU part number is your Intel Core Solo T1300? I ask because there are two different models of your processor and each has a different socket type. Most CPU's in relation to your CPU have a BGA version in which the processor is soldered into the motherboard and Socket M socket which would allow you to replace it. The CPU part number will be important when purchasing a new laptop CPU as well. Also what BIOS and BIOS revision do you have? (you should be able to check this form the BIOS)

Intel Core Solo T1300 (BGA) vs Intel Core Solo T1300 (Socket M)

Below is a side by side comparison of the two processors. As you can see they share the same core architecture name Yonah. They both work for the same Socket M and have the same FSB (Front Side Buss) frequency of 667. The biggest improvement to performance you would see is the additional processor core and the higher CPU frequency. Something to consider is that the TDP which affects the amount of heat and electricity the processor needs is higher. The difference is four watts which can be a problem for a laptop.

Intel Core Duo T2700 (Socket M) vs Intel Core Solo T1300 (Socket M)

The Intel Core Duo T7200 that you mentioned may not work with your laptop. While they share the same socket type the T7200 is based on some slightly different achetecture name (Merom) and platform (Napa Refresh). You can see the comparison chart at the next link.

Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 (Socket M) vs Intel Core Solo T1300 (Socket M)

As for the difference between the T7200 and the T2700, the T7200 has a lower CPU frequency but gains double the CPU cache. The T7200 also uses an even higher TDP at 34watts rather than 31watts.

Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 (Socket M) vs Intel Core Duo T2700 (Socket M)

You can learn more about TDP (Thermal Design Power) at: Thermal Design Power (TDP).

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

OK, I have great news!

My T7200 is installed and running flawlessly!

I am very happy with this and moreover i am able to run Windows 7 64 bit and add another 2GB module to max my RAM to 4 GB, all readable from the OS.

So, for anyone else wondering about upgrading their HP 530 processor to a T7200 (or even the T7600 if you can afford it...) I would say it is a green light. Please note that my chipset is the Intel i945GM. I don't know if this upgrade wiil work on any other chipset.

As for the heat dissipation, I checked my tempratures and found that I have rather cooled results (with good thermal paste and a clean fan).

Thank you all!

CPU info.JPGChipset.JPG

HP Recommended

Hy!

Could someone help me? 

Can I upgrade my processor to a c2d t7250? I read that my chipset will support it, but i have a processor with one core. Do my motherboard/bios will support 2 cores? Will Bus Speed change from 532Mb?

Which is the stongest processor, I can use in this laptop, and why?

Thanks a lot,

Dongesz

I have a hp 530 laptop whith the following parts:

DMI

DMI BIOS

vendor

Hewlett-Packard

version

68MVU Ver. F.06

date

12/10/2007

ROM size

1024 KB

DMI System Information

manufacturer

Hewlett-Packard

product

HP 530 Notebook PC(KD080AA#AKC)

version

F.06

serial

[Personal Information Removed]

UUID

DMI Baseboard

vendor

Hewlett-Packard

model

30D5

revision

KBC Version 82.15

serial

unknown

DMI System Enclosure

manufacturer

Hewlett-Packard

chassis type

Notebook

chassis serial

DMI Processor

manufacturer

Intel(R)

model

Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 440 @ 1.86GHz

clock speed

1867.0 MHz

FSB speed

133.0 MHz

multiplier

14.0x

DMI Extension Slot

designation

PC CARD-Slot 0

type

PCMCIA

width

32 bits

populated

no

DMI OEM Strings

string[0]

www.hp.com

string[1]

ABS 70/71 79 7A 7B 7C 7D

DMI Physical Memory Array

Motherboard

usage

System Memory

correction

None

max capacity

4096 MBytes

max# of devices

DMI Memory Device

designation

DIMM #1

format

SODIMM

type

unknown

total width

64 bits

data width

64 bits

size

2048 MBytes

DMI Memory Device

designation

DIMM #2

format

SODIMM

type

unknown

total width

64 bits

data width

64 bits

size

2048 MBytes

Chipset

Northbridge

Intel i945GME rev. 03

Southbridge

Intel 82801GHM (ICH7-M/U) rev. A1

Memory Type

DDR2

Memory Size

4096 MBytes

Channels

Dual

Memory Frequency

266.0 MHz (1:2)

CAS# latency (CL)

RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD)

RAS# Precharge (tRP)

Cycle Time (tRAS)

Bank Cycle Time (tRC)

Processors Information

Processor 1

ID = 0

Number of cores

1 (max 1)

Number of threads

1 (max 1)

Name

Intel Celeron M 440

Codename

Yonah

Specification

Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 440 @ 1.86GHz

Package (platform ID)

Socket 479 mPGA (0x5)

CPUID

6.E.C

Extended CPUID

6.E

Core Stepping

D0

Technology

65 nm

Core Speed

1862.0 MHz

Multiplier x FSB

14.0 x 133.0 MHz

Rated Bus speed

532.0 MHz

Stock frequency

1866 MHz

Instructions sets

MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3

L1 Data cache

32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size

L1 Instruction cache

32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size

L2 cache

1024 KBytes, 4-way set associative, 64-byte line size

FID/VID Control

no

HP Recommended

Hello friend,

I have exactly the same motherboard and I am already running on a C2D T7200.

Due to your motherboard's FSB limitation the max processor for your HP 530 is a C2D T7600 but i think a T7200 is value for money.

Be sure to update your BIOS to version F.07 before installing the new CPU.

Hope I helped.

Have a nice upgrade! :Wink:

HP Recommended

440 t7250.JPG

AAAAA.... T7250 and 440m 

My socket doesn't support t7250. It was my first "laptop adventure". I kil 2 screws. It's a bit other like a PC.  

I will try t7500 or t7200. It depend which can i order cheaper here in Hungary. 

Thank you for your help. It was werry usefull. Finaly I find someone who don't says "maby it works (or not)"

HP Recommended

Glad I could help. 

I remember too when I was searching for upgrading my HP 530 I was lost with all the articles saying "maybe it will work (or not)".

With the C2D 7200 (or even better with the 7600 if you can afford it) you will be able to install 64 bit operating systems but please note that if you install 4GB memory (the maximum supported for this laptop's motherboard) the amount of usable memory will be around 3,0 to 3,4 GB. This is due to the chipset limitation but it is nothing to worry about. The remaining memory is still there and it is reserved for use of the system's devices.  This is a little complicated to understand why is happening so just have in mind what I simply said.

Hope I clarified some things more.

My greetings to Hungary, I am from Greece and I have been twice there to Ozora's festival! Really nice memories! :generic:

HP Recommended

Please note that I edited my posts regarding the max processor for the HP 530. The max compatible CPU is the T7600 and NOT the t7500. The t7600 is with 667 Mhz FSB so this is the one to go with. But I still think it is a little expensive. From specifications the only thing that is different is the speed of the processor ( t7200 = 2.0 Ghz / t7600 = 2.33 Ghz). See also this link t7200 vs t7600

So I'd recommend the t7200 but it is your call... 

Search eBay and you should fine plenty of them.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.