Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

am unable to find hp software aggrement wher it mention about software fault so tody technican also visite my house and he submit his report that that problem unable to fixed. i need all those document please help me out

HP Recommended

@RAJAT6 and @Schrammbo - counsumer courts and all will not be able to solve the problem at hand - and I am keeping the discussion fully technical here. As I have told earlier, the problem could have happened with any processor on any laptop. I faced mulitple issues with Dell laptops with Intel processors while upgrading to Windows 10, also with Lenovo laptops with older AMD processors. The issues, however, were less distrupting than this one. I'm not supporting HP with how they are working on this, but I am pretty sure that there is no gurantee that other laptops will not face the same issue too.

You need to understand that Windows 10 IS NOT A PRODUCT ANYMORE. IT IS A SERVICE. Microsoft performs some internal testing and makes the service available to the insiders. There are different levels of insiders, you must be aware of that. Usually most (but not all) bugs are fixed in the insider rings before general public gets their WIndows updated. Some bugs leaks out to general public too. Microsoft was aware of the AMD A10 issue, but released it, because they have a plan to stick to and compatibility with just one processor is something that should not hold them back.

Previously, there has been issues with Windows Updates, with Microsoft Edge, and also with drviers. Even Microsoft's own Surface devices experienced device specific issues, just like we did. However, Microsoft was quick in fixing that because the hardware and the software is from the same company. We are experiencing a delay because it is two different companies.

However, the scenario is entirely different for Enterprise users and those on LTSB. LTSB stands for Long Term Servicing Branch. If you have ever used Enterprise editions, or even LTSB editions, you will understand how much buggy final release of consumer versions of WIndows is. LTSB gets feature updates very rarely, like once a year or so and it stays bug free.

So, it takes a complete year for Microsoft to come up with Windows that is completely bug free. Microsoft releases Pro and Home versions twice a year. These are incomplete and have bugs. The bugs can crop up on any device, on any version. Even final public releases have bugs that re patched later.

You need to understand that no system is entirely bug free, especially when we are talking about complicated software, such as Operating Systems that have too many moving parts. But this is certain, that the problem can be addressed using software only. The hardware does not require any modifications. So, I'll ask you guys to hold on a little longer. A lot of us are talking about it in the Windows Insider forums. Both Microsoft and HP are working on it. But the pace is not as fast as you and I thought of.

So, right now, the best you can do is wait. No HP tech support or Microsoft tech support will be able to solve it right now. If you take it to the court, HP will roll back your device to the version of Windows 10 it came with. That's the device you bought - that's what you paid for, and it's completely working. None of HP's agreements mention anything about the device life cycle and Windows 10 support in future. Not just HP, no other OEMs have these either. I hope you understand the matter.

HP Recommended

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Can-t-install-Windows-Creator-u...

I see this post (above) and in a try to find a solution I thought maybe...maybe it is someone to try upgrade the windows to Creator update using an older BIOS version (F.13 Rev.A or F.17 Rev.A). I don't know, maybe it is combatible...???

There is this possibility?

edit

I can't downgrade the BIOS version, must have BIOS administrator rights (?)...Needs a specialized process

[maybe must delete this duble (in other thread) post but i can't]

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
Did someone flashed his/her machine to the new bios F45 rev A?
HP Recommended

Just I flash the new BIOS and now try to update (again) to windows CU, i will tell you soon...

i try without any change on BIOS, TPM device etc

HP Recommended
I hope this time it will work 🙂
HP Recommended

Perfectly working now. Everything seems fine after the new BIOS update. The issue is finally fixed.

Sketch.png

HP Recommended

:LaughingTears: The same here, after new BIOS update (F.45 Rev.A, 17 May 2017) from HP, SUCCESSFUL update (not clean install) to Microsoft windows Creators Update (without any change to BIOS settings) !!!

Thanks to all of you and

THANKS to HP !

HP Recommended

I just updated my bios to f45 rev A. First thing that i noticed without changing anything (not to bios not to windows) is that the hardware reserved memory decreased from 1.1Gb to 564Mb. As it was before updating my computer to f43 rev A.

Capture.PNG

Still windows update thinks that my computer is updated fully (even if i am running 14393.1198). I will wait to update to CU normally via windows update. If not i will use the assistant file. But i am glad that we dont have to disable the tpm or do something tricky in order to have the CU update 🙂

Thank you guys 🙂 At last our computers are back to normal again 😄

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.