Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

On your HP Advisor Dock, locate the drop down list and open the PC Dashboard. Search for Preferences or Settings and click that icon. On that pop-up screen you will find the option to Launch Advisor PC Dock at every boot. Remove the check mark from that option.

This and several others are posted in Replies above your question.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thank you!That was really helpful

Now I just need to figure out how to stop the Norton reminders with no option other than "remind me later" or "next" - they successfully stopped me purchasing their product.

HP Recommended

bijhjjhh

HP Recommended

June 12, 2012

Hello,

I have a 2009 HP Desktop PC, as well as a 2009 HP Notebook, they  have Windows Vista Home Premium, with a 64-Bit Operating System.  I am disclosing this because older and newer computers have different operating systems as well as different Windows Versions.

Below are the detailed instructions from a previous Forum member, MIGHTWORK-Student, Posted on 11-25-2010, where I have added Numbers 5, 6, and 9 that are needed with the above mentioned computers:

1.  Click the Windows START  button

2.   In the text box where it says "SEARCH PROGRAM FILES", Type RUN

3.   Click on the RUN option, (on top) under the PROGRAMS header

4.   When the run box opens, type MSCONFIG

5.   Click OK

6.   Click CONTINUE

7.   Click the tab that says STARTUP

8.   Scroll through and find where it says HP ADVISOR.  "Uncheck" the box

9.   Click APPLY

10.  Click  OK

10. RESTART your computer

I hope the above instructions will help everyone that has a problem with  HP's Dock automatic launching, which is unnecessary and slows up the Startup of a computer.

HP Recommended

Tengo instalados varios items de HP que no uso con frecuencia, pero su presencia activa, le restan agilidad a mi equipo, desearía tener un acciòn que permita mantenerlos en suspenso cuando no se usen, sin tener que quitarlos definitivamente, se puede hacer? y como habilito esa posibilidad, por Ej.- HP Advisor,HP Documents, HP Games (No lo uso),HP Power Manager, HP Set up, HP Wirless Assistant, Creo que algunas de estas aplicaciones no las he usado nunca.

HP Recommended

@TSOW wrote:

On this new dv7-3080, the HP Advisor or HP dock (not sure of the correct name for it) launches at startup and places a rectangular window at the top of my screen with icons and links to HP Advisor, MediaSmart, Discover Your PC, Customize Dock.

How do I disable this dock from loading on my desktop at startup?   Each of these utilities can be launched from the Programs menu and I don't need the "dock" on my desktop.

Thank you!

Patricia Gaut
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.