Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having trouble fixing my black screen of death, I have tried updating my BIOS and tried re-inserting my ram stick. Both method didn't work, I am only able to see what's on my monitor when I connect it to my tv with an HDMI cable. Any solutions for this problem? Answers would be much appreciated.

Product number: W8X36UA#ABL

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Nielxtian

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

Did the problem started recently ? Have you performed some changes or updates around the time the problem started ? Please, let me know

HP has create an official article about such issues you experience now >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03518165

It can guide you fix the problem.  I will quote the solution:

3. If an image displays on the external monitor, there might be a graphics driver conflict with the notebook LCD display. With the external monitor connected, (.....)  install the latest graphics and chipset drivers for your specific computer. If there is an updated BIOS version available, use the steps in Updating the BIOS to install it.

Here is how to update your drivers >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03330139

If you have updated the chipset and graphics drivers and BIOS, but the notebook display still remains black, the LCD might be defective. Contact HP for technical assistance or send the notebook for service.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.