Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi I have an Elite 8000 with a E8400 3.0 ghz dual core and was looking to purshare an Xeon X3360 cpu. Now from seaching the web the X3360 is the same chip as the Q9550. Both chips are Quad core with 2.8 ghz that support the lga775 board. My question is would the xeon chip work in my Elite if i updated my bios?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The specifications do not show the Xenon processor as a compatible CPU. You would be taking a gamble with your $$ that would very likely result in disappointment.  Xenon CPUs are not Core 2 processors.

Elite 8000.png

E8000 supported CPUs.png

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I understand what you are saying but looking at the cpus they are the same build on the same board and everything. Please see the link below maybe it can help out somewhat. I did not buy the xeon but it was a great deal.

Here is a link from Tom's Hardware explaining the Xeon and Quad core 2's

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/249641-28-xeon-x3360-q9550-lightly-explained

HP Recommended

can you send me a photo or sketch as to how the cpu is oriented into its socket? does it fit only one way? arrow pointing in what direction in relation to the lift handle? I am buying a replacment board without cpu as I have one and fan.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.