Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I tried disableing the services like you said, but I skipped the line about Hiding all microsoft services and ended up disabling all services, which made the computer unable to boot and I had to do a system restore.

Anyway, I'll try again, this time leaving the microsoft services enabled.

HP Recommended

Just an update. I disabled all non--microsoft services and then restarted. I put the computer to sleep and came back in two hours and the touchscreen wasnt responding again, so that doesnt seem to be the problem.

HP Recommended

Just to chime in, this problem isn't unique to the 128gb model. I have the 64gb model and experience the same issue: ie, coming out of sleep more often than not results in the touch screen being unresponsive.

Product name: HP Envy X2 PC

Product number: C2K61UA#ABA

Bios Verion: F.08 - 03/12/2013

HP Recommended

Thanks for your post mfhengst.

I'm going to do some more research on this with some colleagues and I'll update the thread with any news 🙂

HP Recommended

I've gotten a few suggestions that I wanted to share with everyone here. I was able to work with an Envy X2 and it did not exhibit this issue so I want to start by suggesting a hard reset. This is a common first step for strange, inexplicable issues that arise on any type of electronic device (like restarting or taking out your smart phone's battery when it is doing something weird). 

1. Shutdown, unplug all peripherals, unplug the AC adapter, press and hold the power button for 8-10 seconds. Press power to turn it back on and test the touchscreen after sleep issue.

If the issue seems to be resolved on the first try, try putting it into sleep mode a couple of times and make sure it is still resolved. 

If the issue remains, move on to number 2. 

There are two drivers I want to suggest but I would like to be able to narrow it down to just one driver for future resolutions if possible. If you wouldn't mind, I would like for you to try each driver individually, test the issue, and then move on to the next driver and test again. 

2. Download and install the following drivers one at a time and test the issue after each driver installation. 

Both of those links will work for the two product numbers mentioned in the posts above ( C7N83AV C2K61UA 
[ If you are following this thread and have a different product number just go to the HP Driver Page and put your product number in and choose your operating system, and download the Chipset and Synaptics drivers listed. ]

Let me know the results when you get a chance please 🙂

Finally, has this issue always existed? Has it been this way since you got it out of the box or has it developed over time?

Thanks for your patience and cooperation! Looking forward to your replies!

HP Recommended

The issue developed over time. I'd say that it was two to three weeks before it started happening.

A hard reset as you described is the only way to recover the system once the touchscreen stops working.

I've installed the Chipset driver and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the update.

HP Recommended

Chipset driver did NOT resolve the issue. Trying the other driver now.

HP Recommended

Any news on the Synaptics driver? No rush 🙂

HP Recommended

The synaptics driver did not resolve the issue either. It appeared to have worked for about two hours, now the tablet is back to being unresponsive after it goes to sleep. Back to the drawing board.

HP Recommended

I had already tried updating the Synaptics drivers and it didnt fix the problem.

I noticed a few times that when i woke up the PC from sleep that Google Talk would be stuck using about 40% of the processer usage according to task manager. Usually I would just close and re-open Google talk and it would not be stuck using the processor anymore.

A couple of days ago I closed Google Talk and didn't restart the program, over the past 2 days I haven't had a single time when the touch screen was un-responsive after waking from sleep.

I didn't mention it before, but I was having a similar problem with the rotation sensor, after waking from sleep, it would intermittenetly not work and I could also see in device manager that a different I2C HID device had a code 43 error. Also since closing google talk I haven't had the rotation sensor freeze.

Like I said its only been a couple of days so it might still happen, but 2 days is the longest I can ever remember going without this problem.

mfhengst, do you have google talk installed on your laptop?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.