Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-ax011no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! 

EDIT: Found out about the backlighting hah, was pressing the wrong keys, silly me. 

I've just bought this laptop today, and it turned on fine and everything. But now, a few second after logging in, the Caps-Lock button will start blinking in a sequence going 5 slow blinks, followed by 3 fast blinks, and then repeats. What is it trying to tell me? What can I do?

I'm also trying to figure out if this model of the OMEN laptops allow backlighting, as backlighting was not turned on by default and the OMEN Control program was not preinstalled. I cannot find any information about it if this model allows backlighting or not.

Any help appreicated!

Cheers,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @CasperAnder,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the computer is not turning on and Caps-Lock button will start blinking on your HP Omen notebook. 

To provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Is there a light on the power button, keyboard and/or the charger port?

Have you performed any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

In the meantime, you perform the below steps:

If the computer does not start, the LED lights do not glow, and the display is black, you can perform one or more of the following actions to resolve the no power issue:

(Click on the blue letters to get more details about each step)

1. Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage

2. Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector

3. Start computer using the battery only

4. Check that the lid switch moves freely

5. When you have completed the troubleshooting steps, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning.

* If the battery does not accept the charge or the notebook does not turn on without the AC adapter, contact HP to order a replacement battery.

* If the LEDs do not glow, and there are no other indicators of power being available to the computer, contact HP for technical assistance in troubleshooting a potential problem with the AC power connection or the system board.

* If the LEDs blink or the computer beeps, but it does not start, go to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot.

* If the LEDs glow but the computer does not start on either battery or AC power, go to Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.

The other issue with the new OMEN's backlit keyboard is not working. Some of the known issues have occurred after a Bios update as the keyboard backlighting turns off.

I'm not sure if you did a BIOS update, but if you have - pressing F5 will turn it back on.

However, If F5 does not resolve the issue, then make sure your OMEN is up to date using the HP Support document Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7).

Keep me posted for further assistance,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello again,

As I mentioned in my OP, the pc DOES turn on, without errors, flaws or any indications that something is wrong.  It doesn't seem like anything is wrong with it, which is why the continous blinks confuse and worry me. It blinks with and without the charger plugged in.  I also did update the bios to the most recent I could find.

HP Recommended

Hi @CasperAnder,

Thanks for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you have already tried the steps suggested and having this issue, let's try to attempt a Bios recovery which should help to resolve the issue,

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.