Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-7000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Initially my system got crashed while running and when it was recovering in the blue screen, I instead of letting it complete the recovery , hard booted my system by pressing power button for few seconds.

After which when I started my system, I am constantly getting Blank screen on my laptop, even tried to start my system in Bios but no help, tried pressing various function keys at startup of windows like F2, F9, F10, F11 and also tried Esc key. All the time getting blank screen only.

Even tried to remove any external usb and remove power cord and then battery. After pressing power button for few seconds, putting battery  and power cord back, still no use. Even tried removing the RAM and putting back. Also tried connecting to external monitor to check if there is any issue with laptop screen, didn't worked.

I understand its probably an hardware issue, but I want to try to fix the issue myself instead of taking to service shop.

Would really appreciate any sort of help regarding my issue, I have already went through numerous blogs but no help. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello, @Ras_pal11 - Greetings!

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to help 🙂

Going through your post, it certainly seems that there is a hardware failure with your HP Pavilion laptop. Appreciate all your efforts in diagnosing the issue!

You can try using a known good RAM and hard drive to try and fix the issue if available. Or else, you can contact the HP phone support for repair / upgrade options.

You can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I am able to retrieve data by removing hard disk drive from my system. Also there is a recovery drive i found in the hark disk drive data. Could you please guide how should I use that recovery drive, since my system is not even able to start in Bios mode.

Should I format my hard disk completely and then try to use recovery drive through a usb. Is that a good option. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello, @Ras_pal11

Thanks for the update and good job on retrieving the data 🙂

The purpose of the recovery media, as you know, is to completely wipe out the OS and then reinstall the same from the scratch. This is useful when the issue is with the software and not with the hardware. But in your case, you are not even able to access any of the function keys and hence the recovery drive is no good for you. Moreover, the recovery drive can only be accessed through the F11 menu.

If you have created the USB recovery media for your PC, then you can try it provided you are able to boot to the function key menu.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I have tried even using new hard disk drive and changing RAM for my system, but still I'm not able to get boot screen by pressing F11 and even other function keys.

And as you already mentioned there is no use of recovery disk if I can't start in boot mode.

Does HP provide any flash drive for booting which could help me to get the boot screen somehow, which I can purchase.

Is the http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html (HP PC Hardware Diagnostics 3-in-1 usb key useful in my case.

Secondly, I just know the product model of my HP laptop which is HP Pavilion DV6-7000, I don't have any other model number as my laptop back sticker where product name and model number are written is totally unreadable. Because of which I can't complete Step 1 of http://www.support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello, @Ras_pal11

Thanks for the update!

The recovery media is only good if you can boot to the F11 menu. Hence, no use of the flash drive for booting.

Also, try finding the product number from the battery compartment of your PC. check option 4 here; http://hp.care/2c1fa4i 

Hope that helps!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

There is no label sticker in battery compartment of my laptop.

HP Recommended

Hello, @Ras_pal11

Let me know the country that you are from so that I can help you find the HP contact information 🙂

Thanks, I'll watch for your reply!

Cheers 🙂

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my assistance. Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I'm in US currently, but I haven't bought my laptop here.

HP Recommended

Hello, @Ras_pal11

Thanks for the update!

I am sending you a private message with HP contact information. Please click on the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen to access your inbox.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.