Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My battery is not charging and when I connect the charger it stays at 0%. All the solutions I'm reading require removing the battery, but this model is not made for easy battery removal, meaning I'd have to dismante the notebook.

The model is 13-u003la.

The notebook is only 7 months old and is working using windows 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Jeet,

Removing the power cord is not an option beacuse the PC automaticaly turns off. I have no knowledge when this started to happen because I always use my laptop pluged-in. I did run a battery test using the HP support assistant but it says the battery is working perfectly. I also tried to uninstall the battery drivers and update them but nothing work.

In the end what I did (out of desperation) was perform a factory reset and reinstall and aupdate everything. That fixed everything, the only problem is now I can't know what caused it, except it was a software malfunction

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @XellosWizz,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I understand you are having issues with battery not charging on your HP Pavilion x360 notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

After reviewing your post, I did go through the Maintenance and Service guide and found that it's definitely not recommended to remove the battery in your PC, until and unless you are comfortable.

In this scenario, you can skip the part where it says removing the battery and proceed with the next step.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any changes on the PC before the issue started?

Did this happen after an update?

Have you tried to uninstall the battery drivers?

Have you tried to update the drivers?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30 mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Also, Go through them all and let me know what you have determined is causing the issue. The first document has the most relevant troubleshooting if your battery appears to be not charging.

Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

I would suggest please update the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Run a battery test using F2 (during restart), if the test failed: 

Check with an alternate battery. 

I would suggest here is to try with an alternate compatible charger and check if that helps.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to run a test on the AC Adapter from F2 (Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet,

Removing the power cord is not an option beacuse the PC automaticaly turns off. I have no knowledge when this started to happen because I always use my laptop pluged-in. I did run a battery test using the HP support assistant but it says the battery is working perfectly. I also tried to uninstall the battery drivers and update them but nothing work.

In the end what I did (out of desperation) was perform a factory reset and reinstall and aupdate everything. That fixed everything, the only problem is now I can't know what caused it, except it was a software malfunction

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet,

HP Recommended

Hi @XellosWizz,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad to hear you found the solution which you were looking.

This definitely indicates a software or driver issues which might have caused the issue. I would personally suggest you keep the computer under observation and check how it goes.

If you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution
You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.
And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Encountered a similar issue on a brand new HP Spectre x360. 

Solution  for me - Press and Hold the power button for 15-20 seconds to force a hardware reset. That fixed the issue. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.