Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear HP,

when will the ATi video card drivers be updated?

We are already multiple versions behind and i can't run my 3D apps because of you not updating the drivers.

What gives?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

* Display Driver has stoped responding and restarted......*

this is common situation on laptops with dedicated Radeon graphics (but I like Radeon anyway)...

This means, that GPU is overheating and Catalyst automaticly drops down GPU clock to help it become cooler. Thats why it's coming up with this baloon.

This is hardware issue, not sftware. I've tries all OSs (XP, Vista, 7, 8).

In most situations all OSs restarting driver in case of overheating.

This is begining of THE END.

Later all OSs getting to Blue Screen or freezing (mixed colors, ubnormal screen, with strange horizontal lines) in case of overheating.

And finally we all together getting dead mainboard with GPU failure

(either GPU should be desoldered, reballed, resoldered or mainboard shoulb be replaced)

OR, You can disable dedicated GPU (in case of using laptops with hybrid graphics) from BIOS and go ahed with Intel HD

(wich is my current situation ((       )

HP Recommended

Well, it looks like i am not the only one that started to get the ATI dispaly driver restarting radnomly, when i open graphics intensive applications for example. I upgraded from Windows 7x64 Ultimate to Windows 8 Professional x64 and installed the new ATi Win 8 x64 dirver:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

I hope my graphics card doesn't die, i always use the High-performance GPU instead of the Intel HD. I would like to have this laptop for a long time.

HP Recommended

Hi everyone!

I was solving this problem in whole Semtember....and I have got solution finally!

My problem started in August, when I was updating my drivers. My ATI 6490M hasn't compatibility with all of new CCC from ATI and HP sites. I have been finding solution for long time. My notebook starts lagging.....windows lagged after few hours, clock on main bar shows for example 10:32....time when my system doesn't respond, but my alarm clock program show actual time. I could move with pointer, but there was loading circle all of the time. I think, that it is cause by bad drivers for graphics cards.

BUt on one of sites I found the link to the old drivers, I downloaded it and installed and my ATI is detect as 6490M and CCC is working normally with switching between ATI and Intel GPU. I hope that it is solution of my and your problems 😉

LINK: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?swItem=ob-95167-1&ac...

Have a nice day 🙂

Roman Škrášek

_______________________________________-

My notebook:

HP ProBook 4530s

CPU: i3-2310M 2.1 GHz (Sandy bridge)

RAM: 4 GB

HDD: Hitachi 600 GB

GPU: - Intel HD Graphics 3000

- ATI HD Radeon 6490M

System: Windows 7 Home premium

HP Recommended

I have the same problem for same notebook, i try all drivers for ATI (Win7 64bit) that can be downloaded from support site:

sp55947.exe (8.91-111013A-132348C)

sp55304.exe (8.91-111013A-128465C, Previous version)

sp52716.exe (8.84-110328A-116678C)

Also updated BIOS to newest version (F.60)

INTEL driver (9.17.10.4229)

No problem in devices manager (just ATI card marked as Standard Graphics VGA Adapter with Exclamation) .

If i try install ATI system freeze (on first restart or by installing) to black screen with blinking cursor.

Any solution?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.