Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP ProBook 4530s that wont start up. 

• Plugged in, it wont start up when I press the start button.
  • When i plug in the power cord the light where i plug the cord lights up for 1 second then goes off.
  • When I press the internet button next to the wifi button then the light next on the power button comes on for 10 seconds them goes off. 
  • And it does this everytime I push the internet button. 

• This is the second time that this has happened. The first time I tried what I saw in the forums where I removed the battery and held the power button for 30 seconds with the power cord removed then restarted the machine with the power cord only attached and this worked. 
  • This time around after some good 4 months of my laptop working well it happened again. 
  • This time though the machine just wont start despite displaying the same symptoms as before. 

Any help or advice people can give on this issue is greatly appreciated. 

Thank You 

Maevarangi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

marli1978

Please count the Blinking code

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443366

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

marli1978

Please count the Blinking code

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443366

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

HP Recommended

Kia Orana (Hello) Toffy

thanks for the link that you provided, I was able to identify that there was a problem with my BIOS and as a result I was able to Upgrade my BIOS from a F.0A Version from 18.07.2011 which was before I purchased the machine to the F41 Upgrade from 2013. 

I would not have known what to look for if I didnt have your link. I just left my machine alone for a couple of hours and eventually it restarted and I got on to upgrading the BIOS. I also noticed that there were a lot of HP features that I hadn't updated. 

havent had a problem with restarting my machine no have I had a problem with turning my machine off and then restarting it again. 

Meitaki Atupaka (Thank You Very Much)

Maevarangi 

Cook Islands

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.