cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HGuevara
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP ProBook 650 G2 new out of the box and no power

HP Recommended
ProBook 650 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a new out of the box HP ProBook 650 G2 that as soon as the power plugs in, lights come on, then shuts off after a few seconds. When trying to powering on the unit, power light comes on for about 5 seconds then turns off.

I have tried putting a new battery from another laptop new as well but no change, tried removing SSD M2, reseating memory but nothing works.

I found the following advisory: h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05369450&sp4ts.oid=9764622

Which mentions this particular model having issues when not set properly on "shipping mode". It seems this might be the case but I can't find anything anywhere on HP websites, supports, videos, etc. on what to do or how it can be fixed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,190 1,190 73 152
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please, try this

*  unplug the power from the laptop

*  press and hold Power + Mute buttons for 15 seconds

if this does note restart the laptop, you may need to call HP Support

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos
HGuevara
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Soccer_Dan

Thanks for your reply.  I had tried that before posting as I saw it on some documents on regards this laptop but unfortunately I was not able to get it going. Still dead, won't boot nor power up even with power supply connected.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation