Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
T0Z08P#UUF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I came accross this error message when I was trying to do factory reset in HP recovery manager by using USB drive. 

It was because I was not able to boot into Windows. Then I decided to do system recover to restore the windows into the original state. 

After several test, I decided to replace it with a brand new hard drive. 

However, when I'm trying to do system recovery in the new hadr drive, the same error message came out. 

Please assist. 

This error message 1st pop up, after I click OK, then the 2nd error message comes out. 

WhatsApp Image 2017-04-28 at 15.36.15.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-04-28 at 15.36.15 (1).jpeg

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

I have did the hardware diagnostic already. 

WhatsApp Image 2017-04-28 at 15.57.07.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-04-28 at 15.57.07 (1).jpeg

HP Recommended

Greetings @boonpay

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post.

I understand that you are trying to perform a recovery on your computer after replacing the HDD.

Not to worry, I will be glad to help.

Could you please let me know the procedure you are using to perform recovery? 

The recovery kit you are using was it created on the same computer?

Have you created the recovery kit on a USB memory stick or DVDs?

Please provide more information for better assistance.

Kudos to you for running a system test.

Recommend you to follow the procedure mentioned in this article to perform recovery using the recovery kit created on the computer.

Keep me posted and provide more information for further assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

how i did the recovery?

plug in my USB, power ON the notebook. 

press esc, then press F9 to & choose to boot up with USB

notebook boot into hp recovery manager

then i choose the system recovery.. that's it. 

The recovery kit you are using was it created on the same computer?

what is the recovery kit referring to?

Have you created the recovery kit on a USB memory stick or DVDs?

is it referring to HP recovery manager? i boot the laptop by using a USB stick. 

HP Recommended

question:

i got this usb memory stick from the reseller when i purchase the notebook. 

the hp recovery manager is in the usb stick, this is for sure. 

how can i know if there is windows 10 installer inside as well? is the windows installer embedded with the hp recovery manageR?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and providing more information. Do you have multiple HDDs installed on your computer?

The recovery manager holds the operating system in a partition of HDD. 

Computer users are requested create a recovery kit on a USB stick or DVDs using HP Recovery manager. 

However, with the product number provided by you T0Z08PA came with DOS operating system.

Which means that Windows was not installed on your computer by HP. 

However, coming to the concern you are facing, recommend you have only one HDD installed. (in case you are multiple HDD installed)

Boot the computer to BIOS by tapping F10 repeatedly on startup. 

Make sure the date and time are set correctly. 

Restore BIOS to defaults. 

Make sure secure boot is enabled and the legacy boot is disabled in BIOS. 

Save the changes and exit BIOS. 

Try to install the OS again. 

If the issue persists, please to install a different copy of OS or try a different HDD. Click here for a Microsoft post. 

For any service options, please contact our phone support for assistance. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detects
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks chimney for your reply. 

To answer your question, there is only one hdd in the laptop. 

I think you are a little bit confused with my scenario. 

1st, the original hdd was not able to boot into windows, then i run the hp recovery manager via the usb memory stick. The result is that at some point of the recovery, the error msg comes out saying destination drive is not connected. At this point, the original content in the hdd (windows drive) has been formatted. 

Then, I was thinking it could be a hdd problem. So I bought a brand NEW HDD. I replaced the original HDD. Then I start up with the hp recovery manager via usb memory stick again. As I mentioned in my 1st post, it still comes up with the same error message saying destination drive is not connected. This is where I am now. 

So you are suggesting

1. to restore BIOS to defaults. 

2. get a different OS installer

Did i get you correctly? 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the steps suggested.

Did you enable secure boot and disable legacy boot in BIOS and try installing the OS. 

If the issue persists, please contact our phone support for the service options available for your computer. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detects
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Keep me posted.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There is this error code in my 1st post : ExFFFFF24

Are you able to find out what is this error means?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.