Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello, i just moved my recovery partition to pendrive, and tried reinstalling windows 8.1 . It boots fine and loads recovery manager, but reinstalling options are disabled (are highlited in gray instead of blue) and can't be clicked. Really don't know what could cause the problem.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
Hi,

How did you move recovery partition to pendrive?

Did you try tapping f11 key as you power on laptop to enter Recovery console, thereby don't factory reset?

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Yes, tried it but still nothing, reinstalling functions are still disabled

HP Recommended

OK so what is your reply to my question.

HP Recommended

sorry forgot about the first one, i used RecoveryDrive.exe to get it on pendrive. And as to the key, first i used F9 to change boot, then tried F11 for straight recovery mode but the result was the same - disabled options

HP Recommended

I don't know how is that done.

But from this document here, which method you followed:
http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03481733

HP Recommended
It's not there so cant really point it
HP Recommended

Then that means recovery partition is corrupted or the recovery pendrive is not properly burned.

You may have to order new HP recovery USB specific to your model.

HP Recommended
So i can just ask for new recovery partition at HP store?
HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.