Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

k..thanks for you your help thus far. Maybe someday we'll get this figured out.

HP Recommended

i have uninstalled both SP (and my profile) and chrome...reinstalled both and still not working.

is there a solution to this or do i need to ditch HP simple pass and find a new password manager for chrome???

thanks

HP Recommended

Hello, I was hoping you could help me aswell, I need the extention, I deleted it then realized what it was. I have viewed the help support pages you have listed in this page, and my chrome is up to date. I am not sure if my Hp SimplePass is up to date or how to update it. My Product Virsion is 6.0.100.276 Please Help Me As Soon As Possiable Smiley Happy Again I need the Extention and to know how to update my hp simplepass (if it is not up to date)

@Mrstenter wrote:

Hello,

Here is a document to help troubleshoot Simplepass. 

Simplepass does not work in some Chrome until you  try.

1. Click the Start button

2. Type 'programs'

3. Click Programs and Features

4. Let the list populate and scroll down to find Google Chrome. Click on it and the version will be shown at the bottom of the window. Note that and post it in your reply, please.

5. Scroll down to HP SimplePass. Click on it to see the version. This explains that if both programs are up-to-date and the extension is enabled.

Hope this helps.

-AshleyR092
HP Recommended

AshleyR092:

You have the latest Simplepass as far as i know. That's what i have.  And it is more current than the verision HP has listed in the Driver and Sofware download section for my laptop.

I used to be able to use the tricks listed earlier in this thread.  Now the extension is missing completely (and I didn't delete it).  It used to be in a folder here: C:\Users\"User Name"\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\kanflfepiobnpjbljmngfgegijhdpljm\6.0.100_3, but now that folder is gone.

I tried a "repair" of Simplepass to see if it would reinstall the extension, but it didn't. I haven't tried to uninstall/reinstall the program completely yet.

Pretty terrible that HP left us all without fingerprint support for the number one browser in the world.

chart of browser usage

This change in Chrome was announced a while back, so HP had plenty of time to make an adjustment.  I mean they already have an extension.  They just need to submit it to the Chrome Store.  The only reason I can think of that could explain it would be: maybe the extension wouldn't qualify without modification.  And they don't think it's worth their time. Or maybe they put their name on the SimplePass software, but it was really a 3rd party that had developed it.

Anyway. I don't have any answers to help you.  Use a different browser. I use Chrome for everything, except when I can't remember my login/password.  Then I open up Internet Explorer for that site.

HP Recommended

How to find the extension id in developer mode ??

HP Recommended

Just now i got my laptop and i dont have any disabled extenisons... what should i do now?

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Tried this but not having any luck. Has anyone else tried this method recently?

HP Recommended

Just follow this link to the Chrome Wed Store and Download the Chrome Apps & Developer Tool, and you'll be able to update and enable it.  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/ 

HP Recommended

I got it working again! It's only been 5 minutes, so I can't tell you how long this will last. I originally (months ago) used part of the solution from SuperMario1 (found here😞

1. Go into Developer Mode through the Extensions menu.

2. Note the extension ID (For example, jilhkcaiaaepfiajaebpkmhonmfgabhf)

3. Go to C://Users/-name of user account-/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User/Data/Default/Extensions/-extension ID-/1.8 (or another number is you have a different number)

4. Copy that file path.

5. Go back to the Extension Menu of Chrome, and click on "Load unpacked extension...". Paste or search the above file path and hit Enter.

6. The extension should now be re-created and enabled (or able to be enable). You may need to restart the computer.

I had to constantly go back and unpack the extension, as Chrome would frequently disable it. I saved the string (which for me was C:\Users\Rain or Shine\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\kanflfepiobnpjbljmngfgegijhdpljm\6.0.100_0). I saved it in my Sticky Notes program (comes with Windows 7), which i had pinned to the start bar.  This made life easier.

Then one day THE EXTENSION WAS GONE!  I tried reinstalling Simplepass, but it never showed back up in the extension list in Chrome. After weeks of living without the functionality, I started to mess with this problem again.

Here's what worked as of 10/13/2014:
I needed the extension back before i could think of getting it enabled. So I used the trick from Chelique in this thread (post #32). 

Open Chrome

From chrome go to Extensions

chrome://extensions/

check developer mode at top right

from windows explorer go to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP SimplePass

From this folder drag

tschrome.crx

into chrome://extensions/ window

Now the extension was present, but it wouldn't enable.  I then used the advice from Aloyy in post #58.

Just follow this link to the Chrome Wed Store and Download the Chrome Apps & Developer Tool, and you'll be able to update and enable it.  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/ 

Then I was able to use that tool to enable the extension without having to go through the steps listed above from SuperMario1.

Hope this helps.  I'm going to reboot my computer and report back to see the extension disables.

UPDATE: Everything works after a reboot (for now).  The only side effect is when starting chrome you get a little pop-up in the upper right hand corner that looks like the picture below.  Just hit cancel and enjoy fingerprint login!
extension_warning.JPG

HP Recommended

Just today my Simplepass Extension stopped working in Chrome Canary. Apparently Google has taken it upon themselves to prevent it from working even in the developer tools version.... 

I followed all of the advice including using the Chrome Apps & Extensions Developers Tool and at first it activated the Extension again. However, upon closing Chrome Canary and reopening it the Extension was again disabled and now when I use the Developer Tool App to try and Enable it the check box has a checkmark appear and then instantly disappear no matter what I do.

Any advice?? I refuse to fall back onto IE to use Simplepass and for some reason I can't seem to even add Simplepass back into Firefox with its most recent updates.

P.S. I'm running NON PROFESSIONAL Windows 8.1 so I do not have the ability to try the gpedit solution.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.