Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360

We purchased a new Spectre x360 for our daughter as a Christmas present and she has loved it for college use. After charging it overnight recently the notebook is now dead. She took it to a computer repair store and was told the mother board is damaged and needs to be replaced. We expected this new notebook to last through college and it is now it's useless in her second year of school.  I would appreciate support from HP to make this right.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

HP did indeed reply to my complaint above and sent us a box to return the the laptop. They replaced the motherboard and shipped the laptop by FedEx direct to her dorm.  I was contacted by HP customer service out of New Mexico and they were very helpful and professional with prompt communication on the status of repair. The whole process took just over a week with the Thanksgiving holiday.  HP will get my first consideration when choosing our next computer. It is refreshing to get great customer service from an American company with plain English speaking professionals. 

HP Recommended

HP replaced the motherboard through an exceptional customer service expereince.  However the laptop is doing the same thing again now - the mother board needs replacement a second time.  Appreacte support from HP to make this right.  My daughter loves her Spectre but we are becoming concerned by this motherboard issue that seems prevalt on this blog. 

HP Recommended

@Briansrrings

I have requested to have your case opened once again. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I received the e-mail from HP that my case was going to be reopened.  Appreciate receiving an updated status on my case as my daughter really needs to use this Spectre. 

HP Recommended

Appreacte a response from HP - advised case was going to be reopened but have not heard anything more in a week.

HP Recommended

I have had my HP spectre laptop for about three years now, I purchased it back in the summer of 2015. My laptop does not work now, even when the charger is plugged in. I had it checked at Best Buy and they told me the motherboard has been burnt. This laptop cost me a lot of money and it has helped me through school, it contains all of my work. Please could HP assist me with this issue, I would greatly appreciae it. Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.