Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

A question.

Is there a specific Type-C port that you have to plug into when charging the notebook or can you use either one?

The Spectre  x360 I will have shortly (a Spectre x360 13-ac000 model) shows that there are two Type-C charge ports.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi,

This is my notebook:

Model Number:

L0Q52UA

Model Description:

HP SPECTRE X360 13-4005DX

Does not have Type-C connector.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

Is there any way to determine if it is a problem with the motherboard, or something else with the charging hardware if our Spectre won't turn on?

The light next to the charging port does not turn on when it's plugged in and the computer is dead.

Thanks

HP Recommended

The DC power connector on the notebook that you plug the adapter into could be broken or the power adapter could be non functioning.

The DC power connector is a seperate part from the motherboard and can be replaced.

Have you tried wiggling the power plug gently where it plugs into the notebook to see if the LED flickers?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hey,

BJameson posted that the root cause for his problems was the broken power connector. Is there anyone that knows how to open the laptop and reach this connector (maybe someone has a manual that I didn`t find)? It`s driving me crazy cause it`s a small component and there are a few things that block it so I can`t even tell if it`s broken or not.

Please try to help me.

Thanks,

Yoav

!Edit!: please ignore my reply, I managed to get to the power connector and it`s not broken so I`m back to square 1. Any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi @YoavS,

I would suggest you contact our HP phone support so that they can diagnose the issue at the service center. 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have bout new Spectre x360, HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl075nr, liking it look and sturdiness. Little did I realize the problems I might encounter 

(1) the screen goes blank intermittently, the touchpad mouse hangs or unresponsive again intermittently 

(2) the major problem came when I realised my battery is low and AC adapter is. It charging my Spectre, and it finally went dead. 

Im running to support. - pillar to post as I bought in USA two months back and I'm in India now. Even though it's is under warranty there very poor response from HP support so far.  If anyone from from  HP Support is on this forum please take a look at my serial nod support ticket 

Spectre S/N [Personal Information Removed]

under case number 5000418624.( india support) 

HP Recommended

Hi @Rvmkrishna,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

These guys fixed my power charging port on my HP Spectre x360. My computer was out of warranty and HP wanted $600+ just to look at it.

These guys fixed for $100 including the new power port.  Turnaround was very quick. Highly recommend 

http://powerjackrepair.org/

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.