Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP-14-cb112wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm not sure how the POP/Admin password got set, but the recovery/hash reads System Disabled:  i 55500662   Can an expert please generate this hash into a master password for me?  Thank You so much!  The notebook is a HP Stream model HP-14-cb112wm.  Thanks again!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@LinuxSociety

Mark my post as "SOLUTION"

Power-on and start tapping the "esc" key.

Run the Diags/Tests on your Hard Drive.

Start a new post here with the result of the Tests.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/bd-p/OS

REO

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@LinuxSociety

Reboot and enter   62395023

REO

HP Recommended

I think it took that password, but now its saying the selected boot device failed press <enter> to continue.  Upon pressing enter it appears to go into a bootloop.  Do you know how to stop this bootloop and get to the bios/uefi settings so I can reset the password and boot device options?  This makes no sense right now at all!!

HP Recommended

@LinuxSociety

Mark my post as "SOLUTION"

Power-on and start tapping the "esc" key.

Run the Diags/Tests on your Hard Drive.

Start a new post here with the result of the Tests.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/bd-p/OS

REO

HP Recommended

I definitely appreciate your quick solution.  I was able to install Ubuntu 18.04 and now have a working laptop.  I'm not sure what happened but it seemed like somehow the Secure Erase option had been used and someone had set the Admin/Power On Password.  Guess I just got pranked or there is a serious bug in the UEFI firmware one!  Eitherway I appreciate your help as it led me to resolving the issue!

HP Recommended

Your very welcome @LinuxSociety

REO

HP Recommended

I’m having the same exact issue but system disabled hashtag code is (I 62675234) please help

HP Recommended

Hello. I have the same problem, but my HP Stream 11 shows "i 58872876" after three invalid attempts. Would you please get the correct password for me?

HP Recommended

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.