Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

In my computer I can not conecct to internet inalambric with wi.fi

HP Recommended

HP Wireless Assistant is not working. The software may be deleted by me.Please assist me to restore the software.

Thanks. 

HP Recommended

My HP Wireless Assistant not working. It said Wireless information closed.

HP Recommended

wireless key working, remains red.  could this be hardware  

HP Recommended

Hello hychi2.  I understand you're unable to get your wireless to work.

What happens if you use the Fn+F12 keyboard combination?

What is the product number for your notebook?  I can use this to locate driver software.  This document can show you where it is located.

It may also be a good idea to see whether or not Windows is detecting a wireless card installed on your computer.  Try the following.

1. Click Start, type "Device Manager," and press Enter.
  2. Expand the "Network Adapters"
  3. Do you see a wireless card listed here?  If so, right click on it and select "Uninstall."
  4. Reboot the computer and allow Windows to reinstall the driver software.
  5. Verify whether or not this resolves the issue.

If you do not see a wireless card you should perform the following steps.  This will help determine if the hardware is properly installed or if the computer is incorrectly recognizing the device.  

1. Expand all sections within Device Manager.
  2. Locate any with a yellow exclamation point or that are labeled as "Unknown Device."
  3. Right click on this device and select Properties.
  4. Navigate to the "Details" tab and select "Hardware Ids" from the drop-down menu.
  5. Post these here.

If you find this helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name.  It gives me a Kudos and I really appreciate it!

I will be keeping an eye out for your reply.  I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Hi AttackofZaq:

When I expand all sections, my "Other Devices" show exclamation points for Base System Device. Also my Processors expands to "AMD Processor model unknown"

Also when you mentioned to check for wireless card, what is it supposed to be listed as?? Bluetooth Device?? Or Networking Controller?? Not sure which to un-install.

HP Recommended

When I tried to do some Diagnostic Tests, it said "wireless hardware is not bound to transport driver" . What does that mean?

HP Recommended

Hello LPZ86.  I understand you're not able to get your wireless to work.  Is this correct?

Normally the wireless card would be named something like "Brand 802.11/a/b/g Wireless Card" or something similar.  It seems as though the notebook is not detecting your device.

I'd like you to install the HP Software Framework and HP Support Assistant.  Then run HP Support Assistant, run all of the suggested updates, and reboot your computer.  After this you should verify whether the problem persists and post the result.

I'll be watching for your reply.  Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended
Ended up buying a new desktop. Wished I had found your solution 18 months ago before wasting countless hours and using my laptop as a paperweight. Thank you. I'm mobile again.
HP Recommended

this has happened in multiple laptop models, 8460, 8470, and now 2170 (32 and 64 bit).

no wireless networks are available

the wireless adapter it states enable, but is grayed out. Only way to enable/disable is via device manager.

don't have any pending driver installations

run the wireless diagnostics and got "wireless hardware is not bound to transport driver"

the wireless card is a centrino 6235

i have installed/unistalled everything, including bluetooth

the only way i was able to fix this problem is by re-imaging, but i would like to know:

why it happens

must be a different way to fix this issue.

we have over 600 people in my building using HP laptops, and this situation is happening more often than what we like. Please your PROMPT response is really appreciated.

thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.