Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i hope yyou can help me wiyh this problem

thank you

HP Recommended

The wireless light on my hp pavilion dv7 won't turn on blue what can I do help me please.

HP Recommended

my hp wireless assistant not working . i tried install drivers but nothing happen. sometime i got internet connect of sometimes my hp wireless is working but after. when i restart my computer the hp wireless assistant not working..

HP Recommended

It would be better to download HP Wireless Assistant from the website of original manufacturer, HP. Even though many websites would provide the HP Wireless Assistant for Windows 7, they might not be the genuine versions. Sometimes these applications might be corrupted also. So, it is safe to download this application from the manufacturer’s website. You have to make sure that version of wireless assistant is compatible with Windows7. You need to download this file by clicking the button called Obtain Software or Download. After that you have to save this file in a safe place in the hard drive. After that you can download this file by following the onscreen instructions.

HP Recommended

I have just spent the best part 6 hours on fixing a HP Wireless Issue.

Problem: Wireless Used to work but now the wireless switch stays orange, HP wireless assistant says its disabled and can’t find any networks. Its like the wireless card is broke, but its not.

Fix:

Basically I uninstalled all drivers and crappy HP wireless software and restarted it. thinking windows 7 would use there drivers But that didn’t work.

Then I found out you have to go into the bios... and make sure 'network boot' was enabled

(not Wireless LAN disable/enable - that wasn’t even there)

And that was it.

Underneath is pretty much everything I actually did.

Unistalled Everything To Do With HP!

Even Deleted It in c:/programs...

Unitstalled all broadcom drivers from control panel and device manager.

went into MSCONFIG and removed all HP and broadcom

Went into Services.msc and removed HP and broadcom

ran CC Cleaner

- cleared reg and programs

- cleared all hp and broadcom from start up!

Downloaded Wireless Drivers From HP (typed in service tag)

STILL NOT WORKING!

Went into device manager, right clicked, selected download latest drivers ... started to download some new ones!?

Wahey!!! for both wireless, virtual WI-FI.

Restarted.

Still Not Working 😞

INSTALLED OLD HP WIRELESS ASSISTANT

still not working – unistalled that.

unitstalled flash and ZUNE and CISCO NAC Agent - someone said it worked for them... guess what!

Still not working!!!!

Unistalled everything again.

Just installed hp wireless assistant – still not working.

Then randomly after hours… I found on a forum... in the middle of nowhere in bios make sure NETWORK BOOT is enabled... network boot!?! **bleep**.

So I went into the bios and enabled it.. .and it worked… BUTTT!!!!

It was like the f12 button was always held down at the POST screen… because it kept BLEEPIN like mad… so I went into hp wireless assistant … and unchecked a box which said something like use independent program? and hide icon? So I UNCHECKED… them… then I uninstalled hp wireless assistant… went back into bios.. disabled everything…

It stopped bleeping… and the wireless works now… but you cant turn the wireless button off now its constantly blue light and nomatter what you press it doesn’t come off… haha! Its not fully fixed but it works… if u want it fully fixed.. FORMAT IT with a clean install … and never ever ever touch HP wireless **bleep**ty assistant!

UPDATE: after a few restarts… it actually works fine now… all on windows 7 drivers..

Hope this helps 🙂

--------------------------------------------------

William {Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended

It will not work and I have tried to re download and it says I have the newer version but it does not work. Please help I had to set up a new account because my email and info changed when I moved but you can pull up my old info under Jayanna Merritt in Tampa Florida. Thank you.

HP Recommended

My wireless HP Deskjet3050 has been working fine now all of a sudden I get a blue fashing light and it willnot take printing wirelessly from my Ipad or my laptop.  Checked my Belkin wireless and they helped get that where it should be but still no wireless printing.  They said to call HP for help on that but again HP charges.  Not my fault, theirs.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the post.  With this one, there are two "flashing" light indications, fast or slow, with different solutions for each.  I've included a link below with some great t-shooting information regarding the flashing light.  Depending on which you have, you will be directed to other support information that should help to resolve.  Good Luck!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02202920

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended

hi i have two things that is not working? first;  wireless wifi, i cannot connect to the wireless router?   the second one is i have no sound, but' the volume icon is at the buttom of notification area. taskbar ?    or you can contact my cell at {Personal Information Removed}erick

HP Recommended

my hp wireless assistant not working . i tried install drivers but nothing happen. sometime i got internet connect of sometimes my hp wireless is working but after. when i restart my computer the hp wireless assistant not working..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.